Sign in to follow this  
Guest tunka

PanelAsTexture

Guest monsoon

Why does panelastexture=0 in the cfg file kill the FPS? I have a pretty good system:P4 2.6 OC'ed to 3.1ATI X8001 Gig OCZ 3200 DDRAsus P4C800e Without panelastexture i can hold a good 30-40 fps without breaking a sweat. put that setting in an drops to 16-24. I would get rid of that entry BUT it makes my panel much more crisp and clear. without it text on the panel bexomes a bit blurred and sometimes barely readable. Any ideas guys?Jack

I think it is video card/system dependent.For me PanelAsTexture=0 also cuts fps in half.But I see absolutely no diference in panel sharpness either way.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest monsoon

I think it makes a difference depending on what panel u use. It sure makes a difference on the PSS airbus's and new F1 ATR

>It sure makes a difference on the PSS airbus's and new F1 ATRI don't have PSS Airbus but I do have ATR. No difference for me.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest monsoon

That is weird Michal. Wonder why we have differences. Wonder if it is in our vid card settings

Guest B742FAN

I haven't played with that tag in over a year. I got rid of it tonight just to see and got a quick 3fps out of the aeroworx King Air. No noticeable quality difference with that or PMDG 737's. Thanks for the heads up.Josh

Guest monsoon

Man why am i the only one taking a beating on the fps with this setting. My friend tried it and his fps went up!

I use panelastexture=0 because panels get significantly sharper. Didn't watch yet if FPS go up or down.Andreas

Guest monsoon

Yes mine gets quite a bit sharper. Text become sfor clear, etc. But WHAP! fps drop

Guest B742FAN

What about resolution? Running at 1280X1024 here with slight (very slight) blur without it and a 3 FPS increase.Josh

Guest monsoon

Hey Josh if i use it my FPS drop from around 34-38 down to 16-22 on average but much crisper panel.

Guest monsoon

Well I figured it out. I removed TEXTUREAGP=0 and I totally forgot to update my monitor drivers after my reformat of my HDD. Now i get great FPS and crystal clear panels. Lovin it.

Guest gasebah

Why is everyone running at 1280x1024? This is not a 4:3 resolution. Objects are distorted. The correct res for 4:3 is 1280x960.Alex

Because it's the natural res for most 17 TFT type screens, and strangely enough, it doesn't distort FS at all i.e. circular gauges do appear circular still.With TFT screens, using them at anything other than their max allowable res results in some really crap graphics, not just FS, everything.http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Cheers

Paul Golding

Guest victorwest

>Why is everyone running at 1280x1024? This is not a 4:3>resolution. Objects are distorted. The correct res for 4:3 is>1280x960.>>Alex>I run at 1024X768 for FS and 800X600 for my desktop.Victor