Sign in to follow this  
ALVAREZ

Question about gray light textures

I am wondering why some lights of addon sceneries works under both DX9 and DX10, while lights of other scenery is only working under DX9... Can't we do something about it, instead of waiting months or years to get an update about the product we have ? 

Or is it more complicate than opening the file via photoshop and save as something else ? 

Download and run Addon_Converter_X.  That's what that product was intended to do.  DX10 is just a preview (but mostly fixed via Steve's DX10 Shader Fix). 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Alvarez,

DX10 is not supported by every developer. Lucky for us there is a program close to it's release that will fix more remaining issues with DX10. I'm not really sure if all addons will work completely, but so far the reported results are great.

A lot of people are already flying exclusively with DX10, but the DX10 Shader fix Jim is talking about is a must-have for that. Please check the how-to in the sticky forum thread. It's not hard, and you can easily go back to DX9. Still, flying at night in DX10 is not up to par yet, but the solution is underway.

Hi guys, 

So you think i can manage to use KSFO and KIAD from FB during night with Addon Converter X and Shader fix ? 

Because got both and no they dont fix night issues of these airports. ORBX is totaly different story though, they work after the fix, but not KIAD and KSFO 

The night lighting is a known DX10 issue.  This problem has already been discovered and discussed.  Please read the compatibility post pinned at the top of this forum.  Thanks.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

FYI - both airports are fixed by the "soon to be released" (c'mon Steve!) DX10 Fixer application.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I can't wait! But i'm saying that for weeks now, so obviously I can. I just really  don't like too...

Flightbeam in my opinion also makes really nice airports, similar to FSDT. I have their KSFO and KPHX and they look stunning at daytime. Now if Steve would just hurry up, I bet they'll look stunning at night as well  B) 

+1  

:drinks:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Are there any news, if Steves new software will also solve these problems for Aerosoft-airports? It's very interesting for the german and european DX10 users.....

Best regards Lars

I expect so, Lars. Another tester has been working with Steve on the European airports, and probably with a good number of Aerosoft ones, so I would be very confident that their issues are part of the solution.

The "fix" is not "this" airport, or "that" airport - the developers out there, can and will, use any one of several coding and compiling tools that are available, some using older tools, some using parts of older code, some using FS8 or FS9 technologies, some with light maps, some without - Steve will, or has addressed as many of these issues as he/we have come across, and they will be (or rather, already are) included in the final released version. I can only say that at this moment, as I haven't seen a releasable product yet: it has to be polished, a final "picture" - how it looks - blue, green, documentation, screen size, tabs, buttons, who is going to sell it, what the final cost will be, how it will be updated - there are many things that have to happen before it will be on the market. Also - after the release - there may well be an airport that isn't compatible - that doesn't seem to be fixed, and so Steve will need to dig into that specific one, and there will be an update issued. At this moment - everything that I've been a part of - is fixed in the last several versions which Steve sent to me, but all are changed very slightly in some way or other - ok!

All the Best,

pj

Very good news, thank you very much , Paul!