Sign in to follow this  
Lowflyer

FSXPM paintjob manager and importer

Yet another beta (hopefully the last one) uploaded to dropbox. Link in top post.

I've fixed a couple of minor bugs and added an option to hide a whole plane (rather than individual liveries) from FSX by adding the string "hidden_" to the plane's panel directory. Please note that if you've already hidden a plane manually by renaming the panel directory or panel.cfg file you need to undo those changes for this function to work properly. Also added functions to backup and restore aircraft.cfg files.

As usual bear in mind that this is still a beta and any bug reports are most welcome.

Cheers, Rolf

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Hi Rolf,

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to develop and share this utility.

Rob

Hey guys! Just a final update to inform you that v1.01 is now uploaded to the Avsim library. Big thanks to those who helped out with ideas and bughunting!

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Hello again!

New version ready for testing. The biggest change is that I've completely rewritten the entire importing procedure. The new one can handle multiple files (just ctrl-click files in the file selector) in one go and also handles files that contains more than one repaint as long as all directory names are unique. It will also do a more thorough job looking for template fltsim sections in text files.

Minor features added includes an option to set .air file to use in case for instance an add-on developer decided to change the name of said file in an update thereby causing problems with repaints made before the update. I've also added an easy way to edit [views]eyepoint in aircraft.cfg.

Before I upload the new version to the library I'm looking for a few brave souls who are willing to put their sanity and FSX installations at risk for no reward whatsoever. Download link is here: https://db.tt/XRhUfFLY

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Helo,

many thanks for that manager!!!

I have had a quick look and wanted to make some suggestions:

- variations:

why can't the first plane not be selected as variation? You write in the manual "Disabled for the first livery in the list.", but I wonder why? Woul be very nice that this could be done...

- move variations

to save space on the disc a wish would be if I could move texture folders to a different location (of course another HDD or whatever I wish). Some paints, if you have many of them, easily go for Gigabytes, so would be nice to be able to move them in an other way instead of deleting them completely.

- re-order variations

this is one of the biggest wishes I have for years now:

I do want to have a specific panel at number 1 [Flightsim.0].

As example PMDG: they have their PMDG liveries at first position, so if I want to have my standard Lufthansa livery which I choose always, I  have to show all variations and then select it. Normally I manually edit the aircraft.cfg to have then my livery at [Flightsim.0]

many thanks for your effort,

Guenter

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guenter.

Thanks for the comments and for trying out my program. The reason why I don't want to mess with fltsim.0 is that the program uses it as reference when importing new repaints and changing it may possibly create problems during that process. Therefore I want to keep fltsim.0 as the plane makers made it, besided the ui_manufacturer key of course. I can see you point though if you have hundreds of variations and don't want to show them all in FSX but still being able to select your favourite ones quickly.

Being able to easily change the order of the fltsim sections is something I've thought about but haven't got around to do yet. For the moment I'd just like to have this version tested and uploaded to the library so I can focus on other stuff for a while. :)

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Thanks for your answer ...

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Perhaps someone knows. I just downloaded vers 1.21 of fsx paintjob manager and keep on receiving a CLR20r3 error. This was not the case with the earlier version.

I'd appreciate it if anyone has a fix for it.

thanks

tony

Hi Tony.

Didn't think anyone was still using this program but it's nice to see that people find it useful. :)

Does the error occur on launch or when performing a certain action? If it's on launch it might help to put the exe in you FSX install directory. Also make sure you have .NET framwork 4.5 installed.

I've rebuilt the exe using Visual Studio 2015 and .NET 4.5. You can get it via the same link as above. Please get back with more detail if it still doesn't work.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

It's one the best programs--if not the only one for specific tasks.  The error occurs when I first try to open it.  I did check Net version. I will check Visual studio for an update. Will report back. thanks

tony

Rolf,

Regarding visual Studio, I see the following in my programs installed list:

Visual Studio 2015 Remote debugger

Visual Studio 2015 Tools for applications

Tony

Rolf,

downloaded latest version, and still same issue. Unfortunately, this program is the only program that has caused this error. Running Win 7 64.

For some reason, I cannot find a way to attach images of the error pop up.

I will email you the images if I could get your email. Avsim somehow is preventing any type of image attachment in a reply.

tony

I did some searching and found a bunch of threads about this error and they all seem to indicate that it's a problem with .NET that mainly occur on machines running Windows 7. Advice I've seen given in relation to this error includes restoring .NET to its original state and cleaning the registry using CCleaner or similar. You could also try running FSXPM as an administrator, if you haven't already.

I'll do some more research on the subject after work. I'm afraid I can't test it on W7 myself as I recently upgraded all my PCs to W10. 

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

I appreciate you're having done the research. I did too, and tried the various suggestions---most of them, including uninstalling and reinstalling .net 4.0 and 4.5.

Running as an admin does not work either.

I'd like some of the Avsim users still running w7 to run it and see what happens.

tony

Updated it again. Same link as before.

I removed the functions that required .NET 4.5 and went back to 3.5. This requires the file interop.shell32.dll to be present in the same folder as FSXPM. I've included it in the zip file.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Rolf,
Thank you for working on this. I tried it on my lap top, and it worked. It did not work on my desktop. I looked at the two pc and noticed that, to my surprise, my desktop OS is one upgrade behind with respect to my laptop. I will upgrade win 7 on my desktop and then check the program again. The fact that it worked on my laptop tells me that the problem is on my end--not yours.

Tony