Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Does FSX Global have a Water Texture Problem?

For the last day, I have spent many more hours than I should have testing the Water Effects parameter after installing FSX Global. I used both REX and AS 2012 to install water textures into FSX. Note that I had been consistently using "Water Effects=Low 2.x".

From reading another post, it seems that after installing FSX Global, the water color appears different with water effects set to none, as compared when set to 2.x. I would expect the color to remain the same.

When water effects are set to 2.x, I found the water color always looks the same regardless what colors were installed from REX or AS 2012?

When water effects are set to none, I found the water color wasn't what I expected to see as compared to what was installed from REX and AS 2012?

So in all fairness, I am wondering is this some sort of weird anomaly happening on my computer, or is this some type of bug that needs to be corrected within FSX Global?

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

I have my water at low 2.x and my water is fine. I use rex to change it and since day 1 and have never changed it again

I think I solved my problem. It wasn't FTX Global. I had the original version (1.2) of UTX installed. I updated it to version 1.6 and it seemed to solve my problem. I do know that there is at least one user out there with my problem. I hope you see this.

Sorry for casting any bad light on Orbx. So far I think the FTX Global is a home run. Yes there are a few things that could be better, but I am sure that they will be addressed in the future. I see they are already working of a lights fix.

Happy Flying!

I have also had this problem with Orbix GLOBAL....Its an excellent add on & a lot of work has gone into it making Flight Simming better than ever. 

I notice that I have water problems around YSSY airport. Such as  Houses in the water & TREES  on the tarmac ! ^_^

I believe they are working on a repair patch & new add-ons  .

Does anybody have the same problem >?....Any advice would be gratefully received

Happy Flying !

Aussieman1x

I have the same problem with trees and buildings in the water after I patched to NA PNW .006 I expected it to have a Prepar3dV2 installer because it just came out and it also shows in FTX Central as Dec 2013. I installed with EMT because it did not. BTW Repair in Prepar3dv2 or deleting the scenery in scenery library doesn't take it away for me. 

I got REX Essentials in 2012 and then this year I had gotten FTX Global. My water texture had returned to the default texture from REX's texture and I don't know how to fix it at all.

If anyone can help me that would be great.

I think I solved my problem. It wasn't FTX Global. I had the original version (1.2) of UTX installed. I updated it to version 1.6 and it seemed to solve my problem. I do know that there is at least one user out there with my problem. I hope you see this.

Sorry for casting any bad light on Orbx. So far I think the FTX Global is a home run. Yes there are a few things that could be better, but I am sure that they will be addressed in the future. I see they are already working of a lights fix.

Happy Flying!

Thanks PDX Flyer, I have a water texture issue as well and noted that I have not updated UTX.  

\Robert Hamlich/

Set FTX Central to HYBRID.  That eliminated a lot of trees on runways for me.  It combines any ORBX separate sceneries with Global.

Stan