Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Problem with controls

Most of the time when starting with a flight the controls don't work. At the end of the runway I'll check the rudder,elevator,airlorans and throttle . I try re setting , but nothing, I'll end the flight and that usually works, but a few minutes into the flight, I'll loose all four controls again. I do have FUISPC ( paid version ), but wasen't too successful using that. Thanks in advance.

You may also want to check your power profile. Some computers will shut down the USB ports to save power. Google the particulars of your base computer and see if you can find out how to disable this feature. Depending on your operating system, the results are usually straight forward. Mine did this at first and after I disabled this feature it worked. Just a thought, good luck. Cpt out.

I see that you're using Windows8 as your OS. There have been many reports recently of problems for Windows8 users with games controllers in FSX 'disconnecting'. Most of the threads I've read say that currently there is no single fix that will work for everyone - although some have found that certain adjustments etc work for them.

In one particular thread, Pete Dowson expresses the view that it'll be a continuing problem until Microsoft puts out a 'fix' and that, until then, a significant number of Windows8 users will have recurring problems.  This is the thread

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/73061-saitek-yoke-keeps-disconnecting-from-fsx-with-fsuipc-on-windows-8-pro/

Also, if you use a search engine for a term such as 'Windows8 FSX Game Controller Problems' it'll throw up many, many discussions of this issue and some of them may provide a solution that'll work for you.

Personally, I'm on WindowsXP and don't have the problem; I'm thinking of upgrading my system soon(ish) and if and when I do, I'll be insisting that Windows7 is installed and not Windows8 ... unless this problem has been fixed by Microsoft in the interim.

Regards

Brian