Sign in to follow this  
hardstarburst

WILCO A320IAE Gone from FSX after EVO Upgrade

This is blowing my mind. I need the A320IAE for my VA and whenever I install the Wilco Airbus Series 1 Deluxe Upgrade, there are no IAE A320's at all, not even the main Wizzair one. So I had an error and FSX would not start. After a couple of days dinkin around with it, I decided to uninstall everything , including FSX , and start with a fresh install. FSX installs ok. Airbus Series 1 Deluxe installs ok, all aircraft are there as advertised. Then I go to install the EVO Deluxe upgrade and it disappears my A320- IAE  The CFM A320 is there, but no other A320 or any of the variations that are supposed to be there, including the Wizzair A320 And I'm talking about seeing these in the aircraft selection within FSX. So, one factor may be that when I installed FSX, I installed to C:\ FSX instead of the default WIN 7 directory, because I'm told there are sometimes problems with things running from out of the protected windows folder. But I made sure when the installers ran, they pointed to the FSX folder. I see the feelThere PIC A320IAE folder in the simobjects/airplanes folder where it is supposed to be, but I only see inside the British Airways A320IAE that comes with AB Series 1 deluxe regular, and it is not showing up in FSX.  Did I run Installer as admin? Yes, both. Did you remove read-only attributes from FSX folder? Yes. Did you Disable anti-virus prior to install? Not when I installed FSX, but I remembered to by the time I got to the add-ons. So I kinda feel like Feelthere (ha ha ) is not coping well with the change in the default FSX directory? Maybe?? Corrupted installer? I will re-download the upgrade package from Wilco and see if that makes a diff. Any other tips, trick, or suggestions welcomed and appreciated...

Joe Connolly

KSTL

No sir, I don't. ALL of that stuff I still have to install, once I get the dadgum aircraft straightened out.  Then, it's just a simple matter to manually update a couple airports, add FS inn and it;s fspuic or whatever, install ORBX for my northwest scenery, Install AS2012 for my weather, install my ACARS clients for my va's, and probably a couple other things i can't think of right now...