Sign in to follow this  
19AB67

Aircrafts' effect on clouds

Hi folks, 

sitting on board or on the ground I wonder that aircrafts seemingly cut through clouds without any effect.

Despite the fact that they displace air and moisture by their bodies and induce a lot of turbulence by fuselage, wings, and wing tips, almost nothing can be seen from this. Except trail cons produced by the plane itself give us a hint, but you know what I mean. 

But I remember a photograph I made back in 2005 from the displacement and turbulence behind a Fokker 50 or so. After their take-off in EDDT they passed an apparently very thin cloud layer, and for the first time I could see what is was missing (so desperately  8^)...

On the right hand side you can even see the effect fading away, as the aircraft left the cloud layer. 

Who else can share some snapshots like this? Thanx in advance! 

P7301113.jpg

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Do a search on airliners dot net for "Vapor"

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Guest HarryCYUL

this winter xplane10 is getting a cloud addon that will illuminate the clouds when the plane is near or when Lightning strikes...HDR Enhanced Cloud Lighting.  There's a pic in the xp10 forums.  Maybe one day we'll get more cloud special effects in other sims also.