Sign in to follow this  
bk2000

FSX baggage belt loader not going to proper door

Hello, Those great little baggage handling loaders don't want to go to the proper cargo door. This is the CRJ700 FSX default airplane which has only one cargo door, which is on it's left side. As you can see by the pic, the baggage loader goes to the plane's right side. Usually, I can figure out how to correct stuff such as this, but this one I cannot figure out.

Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks....

I think you're just screwed. The problem is that looking at the exit points in the aircraft.cfg, it gives you time it takes for the exit to open, longitudinal position, lateral position, height, and exit type. It looks like it automatically assumes the main exit, the one the jetway pulls up to, is on the left side and the cargo door is on the right side. There's nothing in the parameters to differentiate whether the door's on the left or the right side.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Kevin, Thanks for your response. I, too, looked at the aircraft.cfg and came to your same conclusions. I tried changing the 'exit type' with it's options, but that didn't work either.

Sorry, this has not really got to do with the OP's question, but I'm just curious how AES or GSX deal with that. I can't check right now, and I've never really thought about the CRJ's cargo door being on the left side and how it works with the loaders before.

There's nothing in the parameters to differentiate whether the door's on the left or the right side.

Lateral position...

My default CRJ looks like this:

[exits]
number_of_exits=3
exit.0=0.4, -16.90, -4.5,  3.9, 0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.1=0.4, -74.00, -4.5,  0.5, 2 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.2=0.4, -16.50,  4.5,  0.5, 2 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

Why the heck doesn't it have a cargo door defined and what does "emergency exit" do?

And why is one of these basically off-map?

Sugeestion: Define a new cargo exit and position it by trial & error. See if it improves things.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Lateral position...

Well, yes, but that only puts the exit point on either the left or right side of the aircraft. I don't think the simulator knows that when the exit point is on the left side, that the cargo loader should go on the left side.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Looks like the default loader will only go to doors on the plane's right side...no ifs, ands, or butts...:)

I think this is a deadend issue. The loader must be modeled to just go to a door on the plane's left side.

I see now that I have this problem with the CRJ700, DC3, an old Lockheed Electra L188, and a Basler BT67 just to name a couple.

Of late, I've noticed that GSX can accommodate left-loaders.  It might take a little tweaking of the aircraft's configuration file for GSX, but it's better than the default loaders' "poke a hole in the right side of the fuselage" antics.

I'm still holding out hope that one day GSX will send pull tugs for taildraggers like the Basler. :rolleyes: