Sign in to follow this  
FLIGHTO

Bug / Fix List

Guest JustanotherPilot

No DME! when you enter a VOR station there is no gauge  on the panel other than the GNS430 that shows distance to that station. If your flying a GPS flightplan using the GNS530/430 and you want to dial up an airport VOR while flying a GPS approach to get a distance to airport, there is no separate gauge to show the distance to the station. Also the engine sound is like that of an out of tune radial engine, not the high performance supercharged engine it should be.

No, there's not a separate DME display and that's increasingly common.  IFR certified GPS implementations are approved for approaches requiring DME so it's not strictly necessary.  The plane this was modeled from likely doesn't have it either.

Don't misunderstand - I'm old school enough that I always tune VORs while flying, whether primary navigation is by GPS, VOR or by pilotage for that matter, and I prefer to have a DME display so that I can have that independent distance to another station displayed.  But many planes with IFR GPS's no longer have them, freeing up what is often critical panel space in a cramped GA cockpit.

As for the engine sounds, it's probably my biggest gripe on what is otherwise a very nice plane.  I'm sure the sounds were intended to be somewhat muted to reflect a more sound-proofed cabin, and a good set of noise attenuating headsets, but I still don't like it.

Scott

As for the engine sounds, it's probably my biggest gripe on what is otherwise a very nice plane.  I'm sure the sounds were intended to be somewhat muted to reflect a more sound-proofed cabin, and a good set of noise attenuating headsets, but I still don't like it.

Scott

Really just shows how subjective these things are because I think the Carenadon Malibu's engine sounds are the best I've ever heard in any GA aircraft for FS.

Unlike most engine sounds is FS, which to me sound more like volume-adjusted exterior sounds, the Malibu's sounds exactly like a real piston aircraft sounds from the cockpit, with a headset on.

I think they did a brilliant job and hope they stick with this technique.   Incidentally they started this refreshing new approach with the CT206H, which again has (IMHO) proper interior engine sounds, aligned to an interior perspective, with headset on.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Really just shows how subjective these things are because I think the Carenadon Malibu's engine sounds are the best I've ever heard in any GA aircraft for FS.

Unlike most engine sounds is FS, which to me sound more like volume-adjusted exterior sounds, the Malibu's sounds exactly like a real piston aircraft sounds from the cockpit, with a headset on.

I think they did a brilliant job and hope they stick with this technique.   Incidentally they started this refreshing new approach with the CT206H, which again has (IMHO) proper interior engine sounds, aligned to an interior perspective, with headset on.

I understand what your saying and I agree it's a good aircraft but haven't you heard the engine surging and hunting - it's not the continuous smooth purr that the real one has.

Just an afterthought to my previous posts - the nose steering seem ultra sensitive, very similar to what the Carenado C90 was before the SP was released. Is there a way to fix this in the Malibu.

haven't you heard the engine surging and hunting

Honestly, not at all.  No hunting or surging.  Due to the careful frequency filtering, it's the smoothest '6 cylinder' sound Ive heard in FS.