Sign in to follow this  
rfoshaug

No click spot to switch on or off battery and others

The aircraft looks great, but when I try to switch on or off the battery, there is no clickspot on the button. This also is true for a lot of other buttons especially on the upper overhead panel. What am I doing wrong? Or should I redownload/reinstall the aircraft?

/reinstall the aircraft?

NO! This is a last resort step!

but when I try to switch on or off the battery, there is no clickspot on the button.

Make sure you have not moved your head position.  If you move it back too far and then pan around, your viewpoint ends up inside the headrest, which puts a layer of cockpit between you and the button, though you can't see it (weird FSX thing).

Kyle Rodgers

Yes I agree with Kyle, the head position to far aft makes the panel unclickable...move forward just a bit and try it again

should I redownload/reinstall the aircraft?

There is a minor glitch in my software that may or may not be related to a simple user error.

Should I reinstall PMDG, FSX, Windows 7, Get a new computer, Change ISP, move into a new house, Change State, Move country, Change my name, get new friends, change religion, change career path, marry someone else and disown the rest of my extended family?

... no, you should press Control and Backspace at the same time, twice.

After some sleep I've restarted my computer, loaded FSX and the 777, without ever enabling my TrackIR. I then went to the view of the overhead console by pressing "A" 3 times. So now I'm viewing the overhead buttons and switches from the standard viewpoint position.

The following buttons do not work.
Overhead Upper Panel:

- none of the buttons here work, although unsure if they should be clickable

Overhead Lower Panel:

- PRIMARY FLIGHT COMPUTERS DISC/AUTO (to be honest I don't know if this is supposed to be clickable)

- BATTERY (although the APU rotary switch right next to it works)

- APU GEN

- IFE/PASS SEATS

- CABIN/UTILITY

- Both guarded DRIVE DISC buttons (L/R)

- GND PROX RUNWAY OVRD

- PASS OXYGEN

- EMER LIGHTS

- RAM AIR TURBINE

- NO SMOKING (although SEAT BELTS right next to it works)

- OVHD / CB

- MASTER BRIGHT

- GLARESHIELD PNL/FLOOD

- LANDING LIGHT LEFT

- LANDING LIGHT NOSE

- LANDING LIGHT RIGHT

- DISCH handle

- CARGO FIRE ARM FWD

- CARGO FIRE ARM AFT

- DISCH

- ENGINE EEC MODE L

- ENGINE EEC MODE R

- NOZZLE L

- NOZZLE R

- FUEL CROSSFEED - none of the 9 buttons work in this section

- GASPER

- ELECTRIC FANS UPPER

- ELECTRIC FANS LOWER

- CABIN TEMP (although FLT DECK TEMP next to it works)

- AIR COND RESET

All these buttons consistently have no clickspot no matter where I place my head or which VC view I select. The other buttons (some of them in very close proximity to INOP buttons) do have a clickspot.

It doesn't matter if I move the eyepoint, the problem is consistent and repeatable.

I do understand the reason for assuming that I hadn't tried moving the viewpoint, but I do not understand the reason for the hostility and assuming I'm a half-wit.

Just to be clear what I've tested - I've run the mouse cursor over all the buttons and the ones listed above have no hand icon, and nothing happens when I click them.

The issue is the same in the LR as in the F version.

So as of now the 777 is no-go for me. Does anyone have any actual constructive ideas on what to try? As clearly reinstalling the aircraft to see if files are corrupted or missing is considered idiotic? Could it harm anything to run the installer again?

Edited by rfoshaug

Do you use FSUIPC?

There is the same like with the NGX:

if you have calibrated your cowl flaps, there are issues then.

Go to FSUIPC cowl flaps calibration and click "reset". Then it should work.

I'm on my mobile now, could provide screenshots later

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you use FSUIPC?

There is the same like with the NGX:

if you have calibrated your cowl flaps, there are issues then.

Go to FSUIPC cowl flaps calibration and click "reset". Then it should work.

I'm on my mobile now, could provide screenshots later

Now THAT's what I'm talking about in terms of constructive response!! It seems to work!

I have no controllers actually connected to cowl flaps, but I clicked reset on each of the 4 cowl flaps in the joystick calibration menu in FSUIPC, and it seems to work - will of course do more testing but I right away was able to click the battery on and off.

That's just about the strangest error I've experienced in any game ever - that the calibration of unused cowl flaps could prevent click spots in the VC is far out. ;)

Thank you, guenseli. :)

Hi gents,

for me everything works fine. Did the tutorial flight today, just to check all the systems. The only thing I have, that in VC mode I would love to use the click spot - Toggle switch for EFIS/ MCP panel. If I click it... nothing happens at all. Sometimes I see a window popping up and disapearing quick again. Same thing if I want to zoom any display.

Any ideas... maybe from the Beta Test team...

Thanks for your help in advance!

- will of course do more testing but I right away was able to click the battery on and off.

:)

No need for further testing, that's the fix!

Strange indeed :)

Guenter Steiner

No need for further testing, that's the fix!

Strange indeed :)

Thanks for your help on this. Not in a million years would I have guessed that this was the problem.

you can be sure that issue cost me a lot of lifetime then with the NGX.

:)

Guenter Steiner

Make sure you have not moved your head position. If you move it back too far and then pan around, your viewpoint ends up inside the headrest, which puts a layer of cockpit between you and the button, though you can't see it (weird FSX thing).

Hi Kyle,

I just adviced the person with the "no ATC audio" problem to uninstall and reinstall (ths time as admin and antivir software off).

Is there anything I am not aware of that can make things worse by deinstalling and reinstalling?

I agree that deinstalling scenery from FSX can cause problems...just never heard this to be true for deinstalling an aircraft. thx.

Ps @Guenter, great find about the FSUIPC fix :-)

Rob Robson