Sign in to follow this  
joemorgan164

1GB VRAM min?

Just drooling at the 777 page on the website about to download when I spotted it said you must have a minimum 1GB VRAM!

Unfortunately my mediocre card has only 512mb. Will it still run?!?!

Thanks

Joe Morgan

My old card has 512MB and I didn't have any problems during beta testing. Of course, you should expect it to take a moment to render graphics when changing views but otherwise I had no problems flying the bird.

Dan Downs KCRP

My old card has 512MB and I didn't have any problems during beta testing. Of course, you should expect it to take a moment to render graphics when changing views but otherwise I had no problems flying the bird.

Great news, thanks!!!

I have a AMD onboard video card on my laptop and the 737ngx worked great, but the T7 most of the cockpit graphics are very blurry. I think I will have to get a refund on this one. My laptop is all I have for the near future. 

JeffG

I have a 2-3 year old Nvidia card; we will see how well it runs. 

If anyone tries running on Intel 4000 graphics, please let us know what happens. 

Specifically, my work machine is a Macbook Pro retina (about 1 year old; 2.6 GHz Core i7 processor).

Thanks for any information, such as JeffreyMG.

Roger Bohn

I have a AMD onboard video card on my laptop and the 737ngx worked great, but the T7 most of the cockpit graphics are very blurry. I think I will have to get a refund on this one. My laptop is all I have for the near future. 

JeffG

My graphics are not built in - I have a dedicated nvidia geforce 310. Mine worked great on the ngx too as well as other aircraft. I'll just hope for the best!!!

Thanks for that glaring reply as I did not see that when I ordered. I guess I am out $90.00 and go back to the NGX.

JeffG

Thanks for that glaring reply as I did not see that when I ordered. I guess I am out $90.00 and go back to the NGX.

JeffG

Jeff unless your AMD chipset is ridiculously old there is no way it doesn't support the texturing methods used in the 777. FSX is a 7 year old application here. You've more that likely got something set wrong.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

JeffG

Hopefully sooner than later you will get a PC that you can run the 777 on.  Make sure that you save the installer and license key as yo do not want to have to pay for extended download service.  If you have installed it make sure to read the proper way to uninstall so you are not faced with any headaches when you try to install onto a new machine.

\Robert Hamlich/

I have a 2-3 year old Nvidia card; we will see how well it runs.

If anyone tries running on Intel 4000 graphics, please let us know what happens.

Specifically, my work machine is a Macbook Pro retina (about 1 year old; 2.6 GHz Core i7 processor).

Thanks for any information, such as JeffreyMG.

Roger Bohn

A 15 inch retina? Cause then I have the exact same model, which btw also has a Nvidia Gt650m, and it runs great! Few years ago I had a MBP with only onboard intel 3000 hd graphics, and it actually were able to run the ngx with decent frames in default scenery.

-Mikkel Jørgensen

The newer integrated Intel HD stuff most likely should work - that's what we meant on the product page. The Ivy Bridge, Haswell etc ones,

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Mikkel and Tabs, thanks to both of you. I had forgotten about the GT650M.

If I can get this running on my Macbook, that would be awesome. The only catch is... I have to install Flight Sim on it first. I have not done that in years. But it's probably worth it to have a portable machine where I can study the cockpit etc. 

I will plan to run in Boot Camp, of course, rather than in Windows emulation mode.