Sign in to follow this  
clarkresponse

Which camera should I invest in?

I am a bit confused on which addon camera to purchase for better cockpit views. Just viewing the cockpit in vc mode, I´m unable to read everthing in the new 777 cockpit. I´ve seen videos where the authors are moving around quite well. The checlist can be read quite clearly and that prompts me to purchase a camera. So I´m wondering which camera most simmers are using. 

Thanks in advance.

George Clark

I do not have a camera add-on but I'll guess that you get a bunch of recommendations for EZdoc.

My recommendation:  TrackIR.  Lean left, right and forward to see what you need - even allows you to look behind the yoke, up from below and other views that you cannot do with the standard FSX views.  Makes sim flying much more realistic since it turns the view immediately when you do (so things like that last quick glance back at the runway threshold on the downwind leg of an approach can actually be done - no hat switch can duplicate it!).

And - you can have different profiles so if looking around the cockpit of your 777 requires specific moves then you can set up a profile that optimizes that.

IMHO - the must-have hardware after yoke and rudder pedals.

Thanks for your opinion. I´ve been looking at several videos on EZdoc so far. The price is within my budget but find it a bit complicated to setup. I´m trying my best to understand how to set it up by watching the videos. I´ve also read that there are profiles already available to use with different payware aircraft and there may be one available for the 777. TrackIR is a bit too expensive for me right now. I noticed too that there is Accu-Feel and it is also within my price range. I´ll just wait for a few more opinions before I make my decision.

I think EZdoc would indeed help when it comes to setting up new and more custom views. OpusFSX also models a view system of some kind. Well, you could also edit the aircraft.cfg for having the FSX views available with the 'a' key press.

And I double the recommendation on TrackIR, as a more general sim item. It's pricey, that much is true. But you may want to check FaceTrackNoIr as it's freeware and makes use of any good webcam. Perhaps you can combine some of the tips and receive what you are looking for. :smile: Literally. ^_^

Ezdok is fantastic for views and immersion with its simulated movements.

Accu-Feel is not a camera program, its more about sounds.