Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tcas_climb

EO Diversion speed

Hey guys I read in the tutorial that the engine out diversion speed is 420, however I read in an airline manual that they use 453 for etops, my question which do I us for pfpx planning? Are we allowed to come up with our own diversion speeds or are the speeds already determine by Boeing or the regulators?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

PFPX has its own built in ETOPS calculation implementation. You can edit it in the aircraft editor, ETOPS tab. PFPX uses 422kts for the 777-200LR.Now, I dont have the PMDG 777,but There should be a table in one of the manuals, probably the FCOM performance inflight section, called "Engine Inop Long Range cruise Control" that gives you the best speed and flight level for a given weight in the case on an engine failure. You can use PFPX to estimate your weight at the Equal Time Point and use that with the chart for a more precise E/O speed. The manual should also include a similar chart  for a gear down scenario, and for an inoperative engine+gear down scenario.

Hey guys I read in the tutorial that the engine out diversion speed is 420, however I read in an airline manual that they use 453 for etops, my question which do I us for pfpx planning?

Company SOP - it's all what they determine is best for them.