Sign in to follow this  
sjed

FTX Global 1.1 patch out

They certainly fixed the "green desert", but, the included North American landclass is pretty rough IMHO.  The entire town of Sedona, AZ is gone (not the airport), as are the red rocks there, and Flagstaff, AZ is now an ugly brown square.  Luckily deactivating their NA LC does not bring back the green desert for me, though Sedona's red rocks are still gone . . .

I haven't downloaded the patch yet. I just flew over Sedona(townsite) and it doesn't exist before the patch so that isn't an issue. But, Flagstaff is at 7200 feet and should still be green after the patch. I took a bunch of screenshots and will compare after I add the patch.

i guess it safe to assume this patch is not bugged...you all seem like legit customers...hehe

Will be anticipating an install when I get home today! Can't wait to fly over the Southwest deserts again!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

They certainly fixed the "green desert", but, the included North American landclass is pretty rough IMHO.  The entire town of Sedona, AZ is gone (not the airport), as are the red rocks there, and Flagstaff, AZ is now an ugly brown square.  Luckily deactivating their NA LC does not bring back the green desert for me, though Sedona's red rocks are still gone . . .

I don't think they actually gave us a landclass upgrade. They could have changed the color rasters a bit.  I don't think they would have given us a N.A. LC free...

I haven't downloaded the patch yet. I just flew over Sedona(townsite) and it doesn't exist before the patch so that isn't an issue. But, Flagstaff is at 7200 feet and should still be green after the patch. I took a bunch of screenshots and will compare after I add the patch.

Not all of it...Oak Leaf Canyon to name a few, within city limits

i guess it safe to assume this patch is not bugged...you all seem like legit customers...hehe

Will be anticipating an install when I get home today! Can't wait to fly over the Southwest deserts again!

From a legit customer....you should experience a little 'wow' factor as to the oringinal release.

I really like how the scrub bushes outside of Tuscon looks.  Very realistic.  I'm running the show with UTX for the region, so that probably will play into it for a lot of users. If you don't have a L.C. products, it might look rather scank.  I wouldn't know that, as i have always had UTX for all regions they sell, from the get-go.

Thank you guys for an outstanding product and a awesome Support!!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Best regards / Schöne Grüße
Werner

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus4.png

From a legit customer....you should experience a little 'wow' factor as to the oringinal release.

I really like how the scrub bushes outside of Tuscon looks.  Very realistic.  I'm running the show with UTX for the region, so that probably will play into it for a lot of users. If you don't have a L.C. products, it might look rather scank.  I wouldn't know that, as i have always had UTX for all regions they sell, from the get-go.

I am running UTX also, so this should be interesting!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I think Sedona looks worse after the update. no difference to Flagstaff which is fine....Phoenix is a little less green but still way too many bloody Ponderosa Pines!..Grand canyon looks marginally better.

The old default FSX had more red around Sedona and the GCanyon areas.

Not feeling the "orbx excitement" with the update.   We will have to wait until for a complete NA landclass release to see any difference...maybe.....

It would sure be nice to see some Saguaro cactus around Phoenix instead of pine trees. 

I think ORBx has too many fanbois.

This is interesting. I didn't have the town before or after. I saw your shots on the Orbx forum and it's puzzling as to what is going on. Flagstaff doesn't change at all for me.

This photo was posted by JV last week when he first announced the patch was coming out.

Can anyone find the RED after they install the patch? I would like to know where it is supposed to be?

Red.jpg