Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jetspaul

PFPX weather and FSX

I know I should be writing this in the PFPX forum but I cant seem to login there through PFPX, I don't use AS2012 or any weather related software so I will be using the PFPX weather engine, trouble is I don't know how to get the PFPX weather into FSX, when I load up my plane, time and location I leave the weather alone in the FSX menu but on the ground at JFK it just leaves me with the default weather. Its supposed to be 27C at JFK but I just get the default value 15C. I have ripped through those manuals trying to figure it all out but there is nothing pertaining to loading PFPX weather into FSX, not even on pg 41 of the manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to buy AS2012 or any other software, I like to keep things simple.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm sorry, but I think you will need to buy a weather adding like AS2012 or Opus. Because PFPX does not provide weather to FSX. PFPX just uses weather data to compute the flight plan.

An alternative is to use FSX own real world weather setting. But I have no experience in using that, so I have no idea how accurate that is.

Pfpx is not  a weather  addon on  its  just a flight planning  tool  etc

Ya I eventually figured that out, I broke down and ended up buying AS2012, very easy to set up, this has been an expensive FS week with the PMDG 777, PFPX, and now AS2012, I had better hit up the overtime.