Sign in to follow this  
tcas_climb

T7 on 5.1

hello everyone, 

I have a 5.1 setup on my system and i have noticed that ever since i bought the 777, there have been no sounds coming from the rear speakers at all, in the 737NGX i usual hear some sounds from the engines from the rear speakers but with the 777 they are absolutely quiet. I have checked that the correct speaker configuration is set in the PMDG options, and i did a test on my speakers and they are set to 5.1 and work fine. So i am wondering whats going on, just throwing this out there to see if anyone else notices this or maybe its just my system.

You're right! I don't get anything but 2.1 audio, but I get full 5.1 with the NGX. Bug?

Edit: submitted a ticket on the support portal

Likely going to get the 777 this weekend, so I don't know what the 777 does yet, but stock planes do, and all the other PMDG planes do.  Certainly hope it does.

Likely going to get the 777 this weekend, so I don't know what the 777 does, but stock planes do, and all the other PMDG planes do.  Certainly hope it does.

But I believe that is because your hardware is running some sort of emulation, it's not a digital or 5.1 output coming from the sim.

But either way it's nice to have some sound coming from the rear. I know other products like the B377 stratocruiser the engine sounds come exclusively out the rear speakers, but that's something that is coded into the plane itself. Anyway, I get some engine sound from the rear with the NGX and some engine and avionics fan sound out the rear with the MD11 so I was just curious is pmdg changed anything or if there's a glitch in my setup.

Gents,

Ill look into this ... but its my personal opinion that the 5.1 sound implementation SUCKS in FSX - basically you get some distant sounds in the rear speakers and if you move your eyepoint left and right a bit you hear them from the front speakers - rubbish!!

Ive spent 10 months solid making the sound set for the 777 and it is thoroughly recommended to use it in 2.1 - so you hear the engine sounds in conjunction with the cockpit sounds all through the front two speakers.  Anything else is a massive step down in audio experience.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

It would be nice

Gents,

Ill look into this ... but its my personal opinion that the 5.1 sound implementation SUCKS in FSX - basically you get some distant sounds in the rear speakers and if you move your eyepoint left and right a bit you hear them from the front speakers - rubbish!!

Ive spent 10 months solid making the sound set for the 777 and it is thoroughly recommended to use it in 2.1 - so you hear the engine sounds in conjunction with the cockpit sounds all through the front two speakers.  Anything else is a massive step down in audio experience.

If possible it would be great to have 5.1 sounds. The back speakers blasting the engines and the fronts the wind.