Sign in to follow this  
Bones309th

Autopilot Disconnect

Hey Guys!

Does anyone have any difficulty disconnecting the autopilot with just the joystick mapped with the "z" command? Everytime I've tried to use the button mapped to the autopilots disconnect, I see the button action on the MCP being pressed but the autopilot does NOT disconnect. The only way I can succesfuly disconnect it is by clicking the yoke autopilot disconnect using the mouse, or by right clicking the screw on the MCP. Other than the issues reported and this one, I've had no other issues with this airplane. PMDG, you guys have totally impressed me again! Keep up the awesome work! See Yah!

Ray Lemus

Anyone!..............anyone!............Don't all of you jump on this one at once! Lol :-)

Ray Lemus

Ray im using a Thrustmaster warthog hotas and i have my A/P mapped to a button on my throttle

it disconnects fine and then i tap the button twice to turn off the alarm, i dont have

it set to "Z" i think i have it set to shft-a thru the fsuipc

did you go into the fmc key command options and set it there?

John C

Yes, I ran into this problem the first time I engaged the autopilot on the 777; it would not disconnect using the Z command...I had to use the disconnect bar on the panel.  I just think it's a simple key mapping thing and I will investigate it some more before I go to PMDG and say anything. 

You are not imagining things...it did happen.  Of course, I suspect there is a fairly easy fix....so watch this space.

Cheers,

Dave

I believe the Z command in the fmc key commands is A/P engage and disengage is something like shft-ctrl-z

just go into the fmc commands and set to what you like and it will work like a charm :good:

John C

Guys thank you for the replies! I'll try all of the above and post here when I get back home. Thanks!

Ray Lemus