Sign in to follow this  
Remys

Frequency Tune and VatSim Issue in 777

Hi,

I am using FSInn and tuning to the frequency using the command line: .com1 freq, or ..com2 freq

1- comm radios are not switching to the frequency (not updating on the radios) that i entered above, they remain the same displaying another frequency but i can hear the ATC and talk to them without any problem. (is this a bug ?) which means that they i am really getting over these frequencies although the radios stay unchanged

2- when I tune manually thought the plane com i can also hear them

3- vatSim controllers can hear me even if the mic is switched to off position

radio and mic in my radio panel are not working as supposed

your help is really appreciated,

thank you

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi,

I am using FSInn and tuning to the frequency using the command line: .com1 freq, or ..com2 freq

1- comm radios are not switching to the frequency (not updating on the radios) that i entered above, they remain the same displaying another frequency but i can hear the ATC and talk to them without any problem. (is this a bug ?) which means that they i am really getting over these frequencies although the radios stay unchanged

2- when I tune manually thought the plane com i can also hear them

3- vatSim controllers can hear me even if the mic is switched to off position

radio and mic in my radio panel are not working as supposed

your help is really appreciated,

thank you

Actually what is happening is the following:

when using vatsim if i select .com1 and enter the frequency it updates on the radio panel and if i select .com2 it doesnt display on my radio panel attached is the screenshot in which i have the com1 on 123.5 and com2 should be 122.8 but showing 125.8 thank you for your help i am using fsinn.
and I am able to communicate to the controller without the need to switch my mic on.

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

Does it work the other way round? When you tune COM2 in your plane, does FSINN tune to the correct frequency?

its same on IVAO via IVAP.. i just selecting the coms manualy... 

I've experienced the same issue on IVAO...

Read the introduction manual pages 0.00.86 and 0.00.87.

It explains in detail how the COM radios operate and also provides options to solve any problems you may encounter with 3rd party add-ons

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

It explains in detail how the COM radios operate and also provides options to solve any problems you may encounter with 3rd party add-ons

Thank you very much! :D

So I see on page 0.00.87 it says:

"So we are providing the following alternatives for this option:

- WHEN FAILED/MISCONFIG – DEFAULT

- NEVER

WHEN FAILED/MISCONFIG will work as described above. NEVER will disable this feature and will never tune FSX to the fake frequency of 136.975."

Is it a FSX setting? FSUIPC? PMDG? Where do I find this setting?

Samuel Scully

So I see on page 0.00.87 it says:

"So we are providing the following alternatives for this option:

- WHEN FAILED/MISCONFIG – DEFAULT

- NEVER

WHEN FAILED/MISCONFIG will work as described above. NEVER will disable this feature and will never tune FSX to the fake frequency of 136.975."

Is it a FSX setting? FSUIPC? PMDG? Where do I find this setting?

PMDG option set from the CDU.

Since you got into the trouble to open the introduction manual and go to this page, couldn't you just scroll a few pages up to see what does the manual refers to?

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

i set it to "NEVER" and now i can tune freqs by IVAP .. well thanks for the hint, it makes life easier  ^_^

thank you when i read the manual i skipped that part.

now everything marked to normal

+1

and posted solved

sincerely

Remy

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

thank you when i read the manual i skipped that part.

now everything marked to normal

+1

and posted solved

sincerely

Remy

I dearly love FSInn... it's just a major PITA to make it work right.  I too have to start the User Interface from the TASKBAR, not from within FSX.  I too had to track down the "NEVER" for the radio failures in the PMDG plane options.  I cannot believe the amount of time it takes to load up the custom ACARS for the VA, figure out how to make FSInn work with the new plane, yada yada, all of this before you can fly an inch.  Bless you Remy, for sharing the critical information that allowed so many of us to cut down even MORE wasted time trying to configure our flight deck so all the various elements can play nicely together.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel