Sign in to follow this  
Hangman

The hunt for decent frame rates

Ok, the story so far: Bought and installed the 777 and that resulted in my getting 9fps. All other addons seemed to suffer too after that point, but before it I was running with about 15-20 with every addon going working, weather, FTX and so on.

So: I reformatted, reinstalled windows then overclocked my CPU, optimised the FSX.cfg and set every slider in FSX to the left. 10 FPS... sometimes if left alone it shoots up to about 45 then if I apply any throttle it shoots back down to 2fps before moving back up to 9fps. Very, very strange! BTW in the default microlight I get approx 150fps! :D

I am going to do another reformat and put FSX outside of the program files and see what happens.

do you have sweet fx or ENB installed? if so take them out.

ZORAN

Ok, the story so far: Bought and installed the 777 and that resulted in my getting 9fps. All other addons seemed to suffer too after that point, but before it I was running with about 15-20 with every addon going working, weather, FTX and so on.

So: I reformatted, reinstalled windows then overclocked my CPU, optimised the FSX.cfg and set every slider in FSX to the left. 10 FPS... sometimes if left alone it shoots up to about 45 then if I apply any throttle it shoots back down to 2fps before moving back up to 9fps. Very, very strange! BTW in the default microlight I get approx 150fps! :D

I am going to do another reformat and put FSX outside of the program files and see what happens.

I have almost the same thing.

But its enough to move my head it drops to 2 fps and stays there the best i get is about 3.5-4 fps its not a good thing i have to reformat my whole computer it seems like.

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

Same here.I get very poor frames when i'm close to the ground, but good frames (30 fps) when cruising. The closer I get to the landing the worse it performs.

I like the theory in another thread that maybe the install for some reason has become corrupt,e ither due to the download or something else. Because so far it seems reinstalling windows/fsx isn't helping?

With every addon before 15 - 20fps are not so excelent fps. What addon for example? If you had 15fps before with aerosoft twin otter or with F1 BN2 islander, this is very bad and this is not going to happen with any complex airliner addon. To run all good addons and complex airliners you need good modern overclocked CPU, modern GPU, 8GB RAM and windows 7 / 64bit. 

Some more info would be nice, system specifications - CPU, GPU, RAM and Operating system