Sign in to follow this  
Q400lover

Lax AFCAD

Hi, I recently installed a KLAX AFCAD from flightsim.com, But now when I go to LAX It freezes for about 10 or so seconds then resumes for probably another 10 or so seconds then freezes again, And this keeps happening in that order. I kept In the LAX Scenery for about 10 minutes and it kept doing that, When I Take the AFCAD files out it go's back to Normal default Scenery and works perfectly fine . I've made sure that that's the only lax addon scenery I have going. The only thing I can think of is a few years ago, I downloaded a demo version of the FSdreamteam's lax Scenery But I thought I uninstalled the demo. Now there's still a FSdreamteam file In the FSX directory but that was installed with The flightbeam KPHX HD Scenery. Please help

Now there's still a FSdreamteam file In the FSX directory but that was installed with The flightbeam KPHX HD Scenery

What is the FSDT file?  FSDT scenery is usually installed in the main FSX directory under fsdreamteam.  Under that are the names of the airports installed, like KLAX_V2 or KJFK, etc.  Under those directory's there is a Scenery and Texture folder.  If KLAX was uninstalled, the KLAX airport will not be there.

Where did you install the KLAX AFCAD?  Most place it in the Addon Scenery folder such as:  Addon Scenery then, under that KLAX, then, under that Scenery (no Texture folder!).  That way, if you want to disable it in the Scenery Library, you can do that simply by disabling KLAX and not everything you might have in the Addon Scenery folder.

Here's another problem you may encounter.  If your Addon Scenery folder is located down in your Scenery Library and you have MyTrafficX installed too and it is located higher up in the Scenery Library, the KLAX AFCAD for MyTrafficX will trump out anything lower.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ok The FSdreamteam file dose not have a file in it that says KLAX. I tryed this one, http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fsview.php?do=list&fid=169037. And I put the FSX_klax_rs/KLAX_RS.BGL file in the Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/scenery folder and I put the FSX_klax_rs/KLAX_RS.BGL file in the Flight Simulator X/Scenery/Global/scenery folder.

And I put the FSX_klax_rs/KLAX_RS.BGL file in the Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/scenery folder and I put the FSX_klax_rs/KLAX_RS.BGL file in the Flight Simulator X/Scenery/Global/scenery folder.

So now you have 2 instances of the same file installed. Object (OBJ) files got to global/ scenery. Check for another included file with maybe obj in the file name.

Remove the files till you have it sorted, otherwise you are going to get in a mess. You cannot have 2 afcad files  of the same name installed.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

So now you have 2 instances of the same file installed. Object (OBJ) files got to global/ scenery. Check for another included file with maybe obj in the file name.

Remove the files till you have it sorted, otherwise you are going to get in a mess. You cannot have 2 afcad files  of the same name installed.

Sorry I was copy and pasting, I meant to say "

I put the FSX_klax_rs/KLAX_RS.BGL file in the Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/scenery folder and I put the FSX_klax_rs/KLAX_OBJ.BGL file in the Flight Simulator X/Scenery/Global/scenery folder." I did put the OBJ file in the correct place, I just Accidentally Pasted the same filename when I replied.

Try another one Aaron, in the avsim lib in the search box, type in Ray Smith, his afcads are very well done, and always work.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I do, I have a lot of ray smith AFCADs but the lax one is the only one that dose not work, oh and the FSdreamteam thing is for there Addon manager. It was installed with flightbeam's KPHX scenery.

Did you install the textures also, this might make it pause as it looks for them. In the readme it mentions new jetway extensions that need the textures placed elsewhere.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Don't know if any of you are still having this problem, but here is the definite solution  (directly from fsdt):

"That AFCAD, by unfortunate coincidence, comes with a file that has the same name and a similar size than the one the Addon Manager uses to detect if FSDT KLAX is installed, the file is named KLAX_OBJ.BGL: if you rename it to anything else, it should fix this."

In other words, just rename the KLAX AFCAD file that goes into the "Scenery/Global/Scenery" folder to anything else. I named mine "KLAX _OBJ2.BGL", and it worked just fine.

Hope this helps!