Sign in to follow this  
KJConlon

Payload from PFPX

First I need to say how much I enjoy this aircraft.  Simply amazing!

I am wondering if anyone had developed a good method for adding payload into the a/c with the information generated from PFPX?  As PFPX is only giving a total cargo weight is the best method to evenly distribute the cargo amongst the different areas (55% - 45% fwd:aft)?

I have been doing thing a bit backwards; starting the plan in PFPX, loading up FSX, using the 777 random payload feature and then entering that value into PFPX.  From there calculate the rest of the flight plan info.

Is there a better way anyone else has? 

One more thing, once the SDK is available would it be possible to 'move' the cargo distribution directly over from PFPX to the T7?

Thanks

Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Weight is weight, just take your zero fuel weight from the details page in PFPX and enter that into the ZFW box in the PERF INIT page in the 777 CDU. The weight won't be distributed the same as in PFPX but the total weight will be the same and that is all that matters.

Cheers, Andy.

Weight is weight, just take your zero fuel weight from the details page in PFPX and enter that into the ZFW box in the PERF INIT page in the 777 CDU. The weight won't be distributed the same as in PFPX but the total weight will be the same and that is all that matters.

Entering a ZFW into the relevant box on the PERF INIT page will NOT load this weight on your aircraft !!

You have to load your weight on the FS ACTIONS/PAYLOAD page.

I think the most logical way (dispatch gets the weights from load planning and not the other way round  ^_^ ) would be to load the 777 using the PAYLOAD page and then enter the payload into PFPX (and make sure the ZFWs in the 777 and PFPX are matching.)

Or you enter your desired payload in PFPX and play around in the 777 with the LOAD LEVEL percentage from the PAYLOAD page until the ZFW matches your ZFW you planned in PFPX. That way the PMDG 777 internal logic distributes the weights evenly.

Entering a ZFW into the relevant box on the PERF INIT page will NOT load this weight on your aircraft !!

I think the most logical way (dispatch gets the weights from load planning and not the other way round  ^_^ ) would be to load the 777 using the PAYLOAD page and then enter the payload into PFPX (and make sure the ZFWs in the 777 and PFPX are matching.)

Or you enter your desired payload in PFPX and play around in the 777 with the LOAD LEVEL percentage from the PAYLOAD page until the ZFW matches your ZFW you planned in PFPX. That way the PMDG 777 internal logic distributes the weights evenly.

You're absolutely right about the PERF page.

On the PAYLOAD page, you CAN enter a ZFW though, so as you say you can enter PFPX info into the 777 or vice versa, either way works.

You are stating the obvious though aren't you, you aren't supposed to load payload into the aircraft any other way than with the CDU PAYLOAD page, but you still have to enter the ZFW in the PERF INIT page as well. And you can enter the payload accurate to 1/10th on the payload page by typing the weight into the ZFW box on the payload page, just type 194.4 for example and drop it into ZFW, you dont have to touch the percentage part.

Cheers, Andy.

You are stating the obvious though aren't you, you aren't supposed to load payload into the aircraft any other way than with the CDU PAYLOAD page.

Clearly not, because your post implied that the PERF page is where you influence the weight of the aircraft when it isn't

You are splitting hairs, its bloody obvious and you know it.

If it was obvious you'd never brought up the PERF page at all, because it's got nothing to do with the question the OP brought up in the first place.

its  the  same  weight is  weight  doesn't matter  where you put the figures as Tabs mentioned  in a previous  thread  about  this

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

its the same weight is weight doesn't matter where you put the figures as Tabs mentioned in a previous thread about this

Really? Entering a ZFW in the FMC PERF INIT changes the actual aircraft weight as changing ZFW in FS ACTIONS would?

I am wondering if anyone had developed a good method for adding payload into the a/c with the information generated from PFPX?  As PFPX is only giving a total cargo weight is the best method to evenly distribute the cargo amongst the different areas (55% - 45% fwd:aft)?

Here's a method I developed.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/420048-i-think-ive-got-the-cargo-loading-distribution-down-check-it-out/

Really? Entering a ZFW in the FMC PERF INIT changes the actual aircraft weight as changing ZFW in FS ACTIONS would?

No it doesn't. The PERF page tells the FMC what the ZFW is, but you can quite easily enter incorrect information.

The PAYLOAD page is where you enter figures to influence the actual aircraft weight.

Of course - I'm sorry, I confused the two points of discussion going on. I thought he was saying: put the ZFW either in the FMC or the options to set aircraft weight. What he was actually saying: put the ZFW in the options and don't worry about the distribution. Which by the way is how I have been doing it, too - just set the ZFW that PFPX comes up with in the respective line in the setup page, let the plane figure out the distribution by itself. Set the fuel, ready for FMC preflight.