Sign in to follow this  
wrf2e

ILS lined Up With Taxiway

Just finished my first long haul DFW-ICN. Everything worked great including time compression. The only problem I had (and this very well could be FSX) was that the ILS for 15L lined me up with the taxiway between the two runways. My guess is something is up with the airport itself in FSX. It wasn't a big deal because the weather was VFR so I just disconnected the autopilot and corrected the approach. I know some ILSs are offset but this was dead center on the taxiway. Also, the AI aircraft looked like the were having problems (driving around in the grass etc.). I have never been to this part of the world. I also noticed a river that seemed to be off as well...instead of running through the valley between two hills it just cut right through the middle of one of the hills.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yep sounds like scenery misalignment in the sim. Either a wrong afcad, a missing afcad or some addon scenery that was positioned differently.

Putting in addon scenery with it's own afcad may fix this.

The Default YSSY Airport runway 16L ILS is also wrong in the default scenery of FSX, and tends to put aircraft in the grass to the side of the runway between the runway and taxiway. Adding a different AFCAD file can fix this, assuming the AFCAD you replace it with is accurate. AFCAD is a type of scenery file that doesn't have any textures, but is instead a layer of ILS centrelines and frequencies, Taxyway centrelines (That AI traffic uses) and parking spots (That AI traffic uses and which you can select from the Start a Flight dialogue which will spawn you at the gate, or if wrong... halfway into a taxiway or with your left wing embedded in a terminal building).

I encounter that issue trying to land at Imaginesim KLGA RW13. If I dont hand fly it, I land on a taxiway or grass. Wish I could find an AFCAD to fix that.

I encounter that issue trying to land at Imaginesim KLGA RW13. If I dont hand fly it, I land on a taxiway or grass. Wish I could find an AFCAD to fix that.

Here's 2 options I can think of for KLGA:

Whole freeware addon

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=klga_pr_v_1.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Afcad for Default FSX

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=fsx_klga2_rs.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Use one or the other, not both at the same time.

Thanks for the responses. I thought it may have been FSX related. I guess if I plan on going back to ICN I'll need to look at getting an add on scenery for that or try to edit the default. With so many route options using the T7 it well probably be a while before I'm back though!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I had the same issue with a runway at CYYZ - also going into LTBA my FSX didn't have the ILS for the left runway but did for the right ha. Where is the best place to find updated airports?

Yup ICN has that issue... at least, also for me when using default scenery.

I'm writing from my phone so I can't link you...

But there are plenty of fixes and updates for ICN scenery, including the new RWY34 and Concourse A.

No ILS at RKSI is offset by the way, and all are CAT3B capable.

I'd still reccommend getting Overland's scenery if you ever plan to return there.