Sign in to follow this  
Stelios

Wind Indicator

HiIs there any good small wind indicator that you can put in any FS2004 aircraft?Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Hi Stelios. There are several gauges that can be added into a panel to display windspeed. A file library search bring them up. The most recent that I have seen is called YMU_Windspeed.gau and although it is listed as for FS2002, it does seem to work fine in FS9.Hope that helps.Ed GreenKCLThttp://www.panelshop.com/DEV.jpghttp://www.globecargo.org/images/VAA_Sen_captain.jpg

>Hi Stelios. There are several gauges that can be added into a>panel to display windspeed. A file library search bring them>up. The most recent that I have seen is called>YMU_Windspeed.gau and although it is listed as for FS2002, it>does seem to work fine in FS9.Yes - that gauge works well - here is the filename in the AVSIM library ymu_windspeed.zipBarry

Thanks BarryI tried it with the Cessna and Boeing 737 but I cant see it in the panel.I did put the gauge in the gauges folder so as the following line in the panel.cfg. gaugexx=Ymu_WindSpeed!WindSpeed, 189,932,120,86What are the number for? At what position in the panel will it be installed? What numbers do you change for the positioning? It says nothing in the readme file.Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Hi Stelios. The number XX refers to the gauge number. The other string of numbers refers to the gauge size and position in the panel window.Here is my line ( from the panel.cfg file for my Baron which is where I have this gauge)gauge71=Ymu_WindSpeed!Windspeed, 38,233,69,62This happens to be the last gauge in the panel's main window; the gauge immediatly preceding it was numbered 70. The other numbers mean (I think) 38=38 pixels from the left edge of the panel window, 233= 233 pixels from the upper edge of the panel window. I think that the other two determine the size of the gauge within the window. I may well be wrong here, but if so, hopefully someone will supply the correct information and we'll have both learned something.Best Regards,Ed GreenKCLThttp://www.panelshop.com/DEV.jpghttp://www.globecargo.org/images/VAA_Sen_captain.jpg

Thanks Ed for the infoThis gauge though does not work with my FS9. It crashes the program. I must find another one that does work.Stelios

Stelios Christofides

>Thanks Ed for the info>This gauge though does not work with my FS9. It crashes the>program. I must find another one that does work.>>SteliosHi Stelios Certainly this gauge DOES work in my FS9 installation.As an example, to install the gauge in the default Piper Cub 2D Panel, here is the line that should be added to the bottom of the [Window00] section of the panel.cfg filegauge18=Ymu_WindSpeed!WindSpeed, 460,390,90,62

Guest Flyn2day

I also experienced problems after downloading and installing this gauge. I installed it in the Piper per your directions and although I could see the gauge and it worked fine when exiting the program I would always get a message indicating that MSFS has experienced a problem and must shutdown.After I added the gauge to another aircraft I was not able to open FS9 at all. I removed the gauge and now everything is back to normal.JR

Guest dogknot

Check your "Gauges" folder for TAB.WindSpeedw.gau. It's a great windspeed and direction Indicator and can be set up the same as the others you have tried.example setup:gaugexx=TAB.WindSpeedw, 146,128,66,24(replace xx with the next available gauge number in the string. The four numbers following are "placement" on the panel and "gauge" size. The first number is horizontal placement on the panel, second number is vertical placement, third number is the gauge width, and fourth number is the gauge height.) If you don't have the gauge, there are a number of panels that utilize this gauge. One being the panel with the Dash7 by Milton Shupe and Gang. Download and borrow. Another wind gauge that I also use and like is available in the AVSIM library. filename: Rel_Wind_Ind_v3.0.zip by R

>I also experienced problems after downloading and installing>this gauge. I installed it in the Piper per your directions>and although I could see the gauge and it worked fine when>exiting the program I would always get a message indicating>that MSFS has experienced a problem and must shutdown.>>After I added the gauge to another aircraft I was not able to>open FS9 at all. I removed the gauge and now everything is>back to normal.>>JRJRThats exactly what happens to me when I use this gauge.Stelios

Stelios Christofides

>> If you don't have the gauge, there are a number of panels>that utilize this gauge. One being the panel with the Dash7 by>Milton Shupe and Gang. Download and borrow.Thanks for the info. Can you give us the link for the above panel?Stelios

Stelios Christofides

Guest TheAmbler

If you were a PPL style VFR pilot you wouldn't have a gauge showing you the wind though would you? How do they know which way its blowin' -- in the interests of realism it would be useful to get some views on this:Windsock, ATIS, watching your track, any other way?

Guest dogknot

>>>> If you don't have the gauge, there are a number of panels>>that utilize this gauge. One being the panel with the Dash7>by>>Milton Shupe and Gang. Download and borrow.>>>Thanks for the info. Can you give us the link for the above>panel?>>Stelios You can grab the gauge from the original package, avsim library filename: dash7v1.zip To actually enjoy the Dash7, which is excellent, start with the above FS2002 version and update via available files in the library. Search using - Milton Shupe -.