Sign in to follow this  
JohnsonPBX

Flight tracker for FSX

Hello all. I am currently using FS Flight Tracker 9.5.1 for FSX by Chanticleer Software (also did for FS9 a few months ago). With it I can collect basic and useful info of my flight, such as ZFW, TOGW, LDW, off-blocks time (hh:mm format), lift off and touchdown times, max. taxi speed on departure and destination aerodromes, and several other items. Very useful for comparing my actual fuel consumption against PFPX's computed predictions, for example (by the way, let me tell you its results really amaze me, in a positive way).

Now, since FS Flight Tracker is the only flight logging program I've ever used, does any of you know of or recommend another (maybe even better) program? In my opinion FSFT is very good and does its job perfectly, but I'd like to hear opinions on other programs that I most likely never heard of. 

Thanks!

Yup, been using FS Flight keeper (FSFK) for about 10 years now as well.  From the maps created by scanning actual installed scenery files, to custom configs for flight critiques, ActiveSky weather data imports, to viewing any/all previous flights on the globe, it has been an absolute work-horse for me.  V4 should be out fairly soon as well.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

To tigerhuey:

I am trying to install fsx flighttracker and running into a installation file problem. These are the files after extraction:

https://flic.kr/p/JuVxtU

Neither one (except the simconnect) installs a program. Any idea?

Thanks again

Juergen

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Fixed it with the help of tiger.

It was "Mr. Norton" that deemed the .exe file as "not safe" and always deleted it. Also needed to "unblock" the firewall from stopping the program to connect to the server.

All is well now in the sim skies

Juergen

Brgds

Juergen Mader