Sign in to follow this  
bodlinjack

Default scenery spoiling Kefalonia photoreal freeware

Has anyone else noticed how wrong the fsx scenery for Kefalonia is. The Island is just the wrong shape but I was amazed to find the freeware Photoreal scenery by Angelo Tassoglou. Ionian islands.

I have not used freeware scenery before but was surprised at the amount and quality of it. The Island detail is fantastic but where there should be a massive bay between Argostoli and Lixouri

there is a huge chunk of land which looks like the original basic scenery. In the middle of this land mass sits a cruise ship. I am not moaning about the freeware that's heaps better and as I have enjoyed  

many holidays on this wonderful Greek island its a treat to be able to fly around it but I would be interested to know if there is a fix.

I would email the author, should be an address in the readme file.

Best, Michael

KDFW

It is hard for me to believe that a freeware developer would leave a large chunk of land with a cruise ship lying on the ground in the scenery.  Perhaps he was not proficient with water-masking....

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10