Sign in to follow this  

Please try this when you have low fps with clouds and high AA settings

Here she be, John. Clouds are historically a heavy load on an already-pushed system, and usually many other pieces need moderation of some form or other. They usually play heck when used with the heavy commercial airliners and heavy airports. A lot is written on the REX site, and I do have some docs (somewhere), that I might be able to dig up.

pj

Thank you Paul, I'll try these right now!

EDIT: It didn't work for me. Presuming 8x SGAA does not lead me to OOM, I think I will stomach the FPS hit, for I cannot handle the blurry jaggies from 4x. I'm a weird man.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Hi John: DX10 responds quite differently to DX9 when using the same settings, but in order for anyone to give an opinion on what may be a culprit for your "jaggy" issues, we really need to see your full system settings, any o/c speed; a pic of your NI .nip, and an attached fsx.cfg, copied here as a .txt file. Helpful, but not absolutely necessary, is a precis of the style of flying which you do: i.e. NGX, FSDT LAX or the A2A C172 around the PNW, VFR. Either will usually need some change in the cfg because the loads are different. We can speculate and "try this" and "try that" 'til the cows come home - and be no closer to finding the cause. You should not have "blurry jaggies" when using 4x - ok!

Publish these, John, and I'm sure that more help will be forthcoming!

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi John: DX10 responds quite differently to DX9 when using the same settings, but in order for anyone to give an opinion on what may be a culprit for your "jaggy" issues, we really need to see your full system settings, any o/c speed; a pic of your NI .nip, and an attached fsx.cfg, copied here as a .txt file. Helpful, but not absolutely necessary, is a precis of the style of flying which you do: i.e. NGX, FSDT LAX or the A2A C172 around the PNW, VFR. Either will usually need some change in the cfg because the loads are different. We can speculate and "try this" and "try that" 'til the cows come home - and be no closer to finding the cause. You should not have "blurry jaggies" when using 4x - ok!

Publish these, John, and I'm sure that more help will be forthcoming!

All the Best,

pj

Paul, allow me to reformulate;

4x with 4xSGAA doesn't look as good for me than 8xS with 8xSSAA in DX9. It's my eyes. I see the jaggies and I start to judge. I'm the guy that will still be picky and spot staircases with 32x AA. It's in my head since I've been using powerful computers, the "maxing out syndrome" as some may call it. I tell myself its the change that comes with migrating to DX10. Considering the tradeoff with VC shadows and bloom, I think it's fair trade.

Allow me to post a screenshot so you can see that the problem is me:

http://i.imgur.com/R9ravNR.jpg

If you look real close, you will see the effects of going from 8xS to 4x MSAA (Or whatever the in-game method is).

Other than that, it's relatively smooth.. not as smooth as without SGAA, but it's bearable. As a bonus my VC displays are now extremely smooth, something which was impossible for me in DX9.

Thank you very much for your help, Paul :)

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Thank you very much for your help, Paul :)

You're welcome, John...

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Wow, this worked! I had FPS as low as 8 when I was looking at the horizon last night when there were clouds. Now, I've boosted up the enhanced overcast and my FPS stays above 20.

Wave animation. Really! Never would have suspected that.

Hello,

I am new to DX10 with DX10 scenery fixer. I would like to know if this tweak is still mandatory to try whith the last version of DX10SF? As I am using REX and have less FPS in DX10 than in DX9.

Best regards,

Pierre