Sign in to follow this  

KTVL airport building appear/disappear ...

First off, great work Steve!

I seem to be having an issue with airport buildings at KTVL (Lake Tahoe, CA).  I'm using MSE 2.0 for California but the airport is standard default FSX, on arrival I taxi to the building and when I move my view (cockpit pan left or right) the buildings disappear, if I return to center view they re-appear.  If I got to external view the buildings will cycle appear/disappear/appear/disappear.  This is day time.

Can anyone else confirm this problem at KTVL?

Thanks, Rob.

Can you post a picture?  I have gone to the standard KTVL and it seems normal.   Viewing angle changes normally suggests an effects issue but hard to see how it could affect a building.

Can you post a picture?

Will get a picture up for you tonight, actually video might demonstrate better.  But with my recent discovery of your "enable" button UI, it might be that I just didn't have DX10 fixer configured correctly.

There is a documented bug with certain types of generic buildings in which they disappear when viewed from certain angles. This phenomenon is not unique to DX10. It's a problem in the BGL itself.

I suspect this is what you're seeing.