Sign in to follow this  
rondon9898

Saitek pro yoke and rudders huge problems

Hi folks,

For the last few months I have been getting some serious problems with the saitek yoke and rudder. They seem to uncalibrate themselves every time I switch the damn computer on but sometimes it doesn't happen. it seems to happen all of the time with the majestic q400. Mainly I have problems with the throttle. I like to set one lever for engine one and then the red lever for engine two thrust, but on the majestic this can sometimes mess up so that the aircraft actually goes into reverse instead of just the DISC section when I close the throttles. Yesterday the elevator was snapping up and down - there was no intermediary position except full up or full down. I've also had this with the rudder and the aileron at times. I gave up in despair night but restarted this morning after calibration and reinstalling and updating my registered fsuipc and everything seemed fine until I started the engines and the bloody thing just went into reverse again.

I tried setting the controls through fsuipc at one stage but didn't really know what I was doing and thought it was making it worse so I went back to FSX controlling the flight controls.

I have FSUIPC registered but is this creating some kind of problem? the controls seem to uncalibrate and calibrate themselves at will and I wondered are there any guides to this? Has anyone else had this problem? it's ruining my sim experience because I go through about half an hour of cockpit prep start the engines and then realise the blooming thing is unflyable. Soooo frustrating if anyone could shed any light at all, I'd be most grateful.

I'm using FSUIPC registered, FSX, Saitek pro rudder and yoke, mainly q400 or PMDG 737/777/md-11.

Cheers

John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Not that this is your issue, but having both FSUIPC and FSX control the joystick leads to some bizarre results. If you are not using FSUIPC for anything else, as a test you can always temporarily disable it in DLL.XML.

Offhand, I'd guess that your joystick and/or rudder may have experienced some kind of hardware failure.