Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brzapa

FSX Application Hang on Windows 8 64 bits.

Hi all,

I've installed fsx on my brand new machine but sometimes it crashes during the flight.

Initially the issues was regarding the UIAutomationCore.dll. I've pasted it on fsx path and this issue stops happen, but sometimes the error application hang suddenly occurs.

I've looked for some other threads in this forum but i didn't find nothing helpful for me.

I don't have any add on installed, the issue occurs even using aircraft and scneries default.

I hope that someone can help, I'm very sad about that :(

Below there are the issue details. I hope that someone can help me.

Issue Xml:

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Hang" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID> 
  <Level>2</Level> 
  <Task>101</Task> 
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-09-28T14:05:17.000000000Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>6632</EventRecordID> 
  <Channel>Application</Channel> 
  <Computer>Casa</Computer> 
  <Security /> 
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>fsx.exe</Data> 
  <Data>10.0.61472.0</Data> 
  <Data>c24</Data> 
  <Data>01cebc4acd5b96ba</Data> 
  <Data>79</Data> 
  <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data> 
  <Data>d0763a26-2846-11e3-be88-74867af8539c</Data> 
  <Data /> 
  <Data /> 
  <Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary> 
  </EventData>
  </Event>

My machine specs: (Notebook)

Processor: 3ª Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3632QM (2.2GHz até 3.2GHz com Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0, 8 Threads, 6Mb Cache)
Operation System: Windows 8 Single Language (Português)
Memory RAM: RAM3 8GB, Dual Channel DDR3, 1600MHz (1x4Gb + 1x4Gb)
Video Card: AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M, 128-bit, 2GB

Thanks any help

Best Regards,
Rodrigo Amorim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

One of the computer guru's for FSX is a guy named NickN and he has written in one of his guides - http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html - that the uiautomationcore.dll is not compatible with Windows 8.  So that would be my first suspect.  You really do not need the uiautomationcore.dll in your main fsx folder unless you are getting FSX Menu crashes.

There is nothing in your event viewer report that says anything about your Application Hanging.  You are running FSX SP2 though and some people have solved problems by uninstalling SP2, running FSX one time, then reinstalling SP2.  Doing this will not destroy any of your configuration files. 

Your system will run FSX.  Glad you got a video card though and not using the HD 4000 graphics built into the CPU.  Make sure this is disabled in our BIOS.

Sometimes individuals place unwise tweaks in their fsx.cfg and many people have resolved their problems by simply renaming the fsx.cfg, restarting fsx and letting the config rebuild.

My only other suggestion is to follow the guide in the link I provided above. 

Hi Jim,

Thanks a lot your reply. I'll try to do what you've suggested.

Is there any tutorial or guide to help me disable HD 4000 graphics on BIOS? I think it's activated because I didn't change it yet.

Yeap, I'm using fsx with SP2. :)

I'll try the options and I will let you know if this fixed the issue.

Thanks once more.

Best regards,

Rodrigo Amorim

You might be able to disable it in the Device Manager - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/device-manager-windows-8.htm.  Once open goto Display and look for the HD4000.  Double-click it or right click it and select Properties.  Click on Disable.  Close and restart your computer.

You can also check to see which video adapter is being used by clicking the Windows Key + R, then type dxdiag and then hit enter.  It will show you if there are any errors.  (believe this is the way for Windows 8; if you can find your Run command, open it up and type dxdiag and hit enter).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim,

I've tried your sugestions but i didn't solve the problem. I'll read the article you've told me, but meanwhile, do you know how can I obtain more information about This application issue? The report only show the issue and it's code what doesn't seems enough to solve it.

Thanks a lot your help.

Best regards,

Rodrigo Amorim.