Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

abasa12

Force FSX to Stay On Top

Hello Simmers!

Having recently rediscovered the merits to flying full screen, I have given it a couple of attempts. The only issue is the black screen error. Because I have ENBSeries installed, and don't really want to get rid of it, I realize that unless I enter windowed mode to switch tasks, I will almost certainly receive the error. The issue then with this is that sometimes warning messages or other alerts occur, and force FSX to switch to the alert. After which the screen is black, there is no way to save and the flight is very hard to salvage. Being part of a VA this can be a serious impediment (and has on more than one occasion). So my real question is - does anyone know of a way to force FSX to stay above all windows unless otherwise commanded (to bypass alerts automatically)? If this needs clarification I'll be happy to give it, but if not any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't think ENB is causing the problem.  I've used ENB when I was in DX9 and I can go full screen to windowed and switch tasks as many times as I want and I've never encounter a problem.

If you think it's ENB, you can try another d3d9.dll.  Maybe the one you're currently using may be corrupt.

I don't think ENB is causing the problem.  I've used ENB when I was in DX9 and I can go full screen to windowed and switch tasks as many times as I want and I've never encounter a problem.

If you think it's ENB, you can try another d3d9.dll.  Maybe the one you're currently using may be corrupt.

Thanks for that - but I'm not so much trying to find a solution to the problem as much as a workaround.

Have you tried to switch FSX to windowed mode after the pop up ? Alt+Enter

I did try it, switching back and forth, as well as pressing "enter".