Sign in to follow this  
CraigPhillips

Repairing Wheels and Brakes Issue

49 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

The video I linked to was posted by Kyle, and he goes through the proper procedures of how to repair your tires after you've blown them. If you don't do this correctly, what'll happen is when you replace the tires without cooling the brakes, your tires will blow again. If that happens, you'll have a hard time trying to move the plane. Then, because you're trying to apply a lot of thrust to get the plane to move, you've likely set enough power to trigger the take-off configuration warning, and since the plane thinks you're going to take off and your flaps are retracted, you'll get that flap configuration warning.

Also, 35 knots is a speed, not a thrust setting. Thrust setting would be based off of N1.

Yes I learned about that, cool. My mistake, yes I was referring about Throttle N1 to 45 and not 35 but in between. Just ended a flight LRIA to LUKK and didn't touch the joystick brakes. Just only F2 and F1. I was be able to move the plane going to Gate but didn't find the Gate to stop, it was dark in snow at night. While in motion going on and applying brakes in order do not let it go ahead too fast the brakes temperature appears and later tires pressure. I cooled brakes and replacing tires. Nice moving again and finally stop in somewhere but no Gate (lol). Maybe in Chisinau Moldova LUKK airport Gates disappeared (LOL).

Many thanks my Captain Kevin, you are so great helping me on this.

Regards, Patricio

Patricio Valdes

58 minutes ago, Budbud said:

Are you using fsuipc with a script for the friction or anything else altering the friction in FSX?

I never touched FSUIPC settings. I believe the joystick is giving problems because after Autopilot activated on airborne most of the time it disconnect and I move several times the joystick around guessing to eliminate spikes, not sure. But I will test with another joystick later. I learned the way landing and brakes procedures thanks to your advice and from Captain Kevin.

Both of you very nice teachers.

Patricio Valdes

47 minutes ago, downscc said:

Not having a g forces in a PC simulator means you need to look for clues that you are decelerating.

Hello downscc, thanks for giving your comments and helping me as well. What do you mean g forces ......?

52 minutes ago, downscc said:

I guess this means you are using a button on the joystick for brakes.  This doesn't work very well in the 777 because a button press is equivalent to hard braking... and hard braking is not something the 777 will tolerate for long. You should consider a set of pedals along with a quality set of throttle and stick or yoke controllers.  Regardless, look for the autobrake message because autobrake is working until it appears.  The autobrake setting of 2 works on most runways on which the 777 operates, so let it do it's thing.  Also, get the reversers deployed as soon as you land because they work best at high speeds.

This is what I should know long time ago. Bag of thanks!

Patricio Valdes

26 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

What do you mean g forces ......?

He means the G forces are the accelerations that you can feeling in a moving vehicule (cars, airplanes...).

Deceleration that you would feel on a real aircraft is a G force but obviously not of them exist on a desktop simulator since you cannot feel the motions of the aircraft on your office chair.

And thanks for the feedback, always glad to help!

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

1 hour ago, Budbud said:

He means the G forces are the accelerations that you can feeling in a moving vehicule (cars, airplanes...).

Got it! very interesting I think we can feel deceleration from the joystick with force feedback. Just guessing about. I will plug the joystick to see if I get it, cool!

THANKS a lot! 

Patricio Valdes

Replaced Joystick and still the same Autopilot not engaging sometimes. I found, when the stick is centered from the Joystick the Autopilot works! I didn't have before the Autopilot problem. Maybe the Windows 10 updated and fixed Fall Creators did that trick with the plane (lol). I remember that before even the stick not centered on the Joystick the Autopilot engaged flawlessly.

Patricio Valdes

23 hours ago, trisho0 said:

we can feel deceleration from the joystick with force feedback.

Hi Patricio,

I don't think PMDG aircraft have the force feedback info in the aircraft.cfg files.  Just checked the 777-200LR and it doesn't.  Do you have a force feedback joystick?

54 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Replaced Joystick and still the same Autopilot not engaging sometimes. I found, when the stick is centered from the Joystick the Autopilot works! I didn't have before the Autopilot problem. Maybe the Windows 10 updated and fixed Fall Creators did that trick with the plane (lol). I remember that before even the stick not centered on the Joystick the Autopilot engaged flawlessly.

The null zone (zone in which moving the joystick has no effect) might have changed (ailerons or elevator or rudder), so that now the joystick activates the controls with less movement.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

8 minutes ago, Mike777 said:

Do you have a force feedback joystick?

Hi MikeT7 glad you are here again. Regarding on force feedback the joystick has that feature but I don't use it. Tried once and didn't work so the power pack went back to the packing box.

14 minutes ago, Mike777 said:

The null zone (zone in which moving the joystick has no effect) might have changed (ailerons or elevator or rudder), so that now the joystick activates the controls with less movement.

I will have to learn now how use the Joystick, that's weird. The plane climbs and I activate AP accordingly. Most of the time the AP disengages and after moving the stick and then pressing AP it engages. Might be USB from PC intermittent issues?

Patricio Valdes

7 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I will have to learn now how use the Joystick, that's weird. The plane climbs and I activate AP accordingly. Most of the time the AP disengages and after moving the stick and then pressing AP it engages. Might be USB from PC intermittent issues?

You could certainly have spikes from the joystick itself or from the USB connection.  Haven't run into this myself, but I think you could see the actual control surfaces move (on ground, autopilot off, hydraulics on).  I forget if you have FSUIPC.  It has settings for each control axis to stop spikes.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

8 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

If you have issues with the autopilot engaging because your joystick is not perfectly centered, you can either increase the null zone or check the options in the PMDG setup via the CDU.

There are some interesting settings there about the nullzones also for the autopilot engagement/disengagement.

Also there is an option here called (from memory) realistic autopilot engagement. Setting that option to no will allow you to engage the AP no matter what is the position of your joystick or whether the aircraft is trimmed.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

19 hours ago, Mike777 said:

I forget if you have FSUIPC.  It has settings for each control axis to stop spikes.

Tried with the old Joystick to filter those FSUIPC parameters but didn't work. Didn't do it for the second Joystick which has spikes too??? Don't know yet.

I will plug my last Joystick which is brand new and just I need to see later (I need to take the PC out from the cabinet to reach USB input).

Patricio Valdes

19 hours ago, Budbud said:

If you have issues with the autopilot engaging because your joystick is not perfectly centered, you can either increase the null zone or check the options in the PMDG setup via the CDU

How to increase the null zone?

19 hours ago, Budbud said:

Setting that option to no will allow you to engage the AP no matter what is the position of your joystick or whether the aircraft is trimmed.

I prefer the realistic features. If I change settings I will not learn. I appreciate your advice in changing options for AP, trim, etc.... but I don't feel comfortable with that.

Patricio Valdes

44 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

How to increase the null zone?

If your joystick has a config manager, then you will find the settings there. Otherwise in the control panel of windows, printers and devices, right click on your joystick and check the options of your joystick.

Also as said previously, there are some settings in the PMDG setup via the CDU. To find out which ones, check on the introduction manual.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

11 minutes ago, Budbud said:

control panel of windows, printers and devices, right click on your joystick and check the options of your joystick.

Hello Budbud, really no options from. But I will make sure the joystick is centered before AP.

Patricio Valdes