Sign in to follow this  
Haza

G-XLEA BA A380 hard landing

Its amazing how much 'abuse' tolerance these aircraft have built into them. I think a full A380 can TO at 540tish, so lets asume that last video was around 250 because it was empty, that is still a huge amount of weight coming into contact with the ground! Bloody gravity, can ruin a good landing!

A few things to consider on the A380:

-Extremely quiet, so mic will pick up the sound better than other aircraft, and perhaps amplify it somewhat.

-Lands on main landing gear, followed by "weight dispersion" secondary gear.

I cannot find the exact one, but Emirates had one where you could hear the bottles and/or glasses in the bar break.  Luckily it was on landing and not takeoff.

It does not seem to me that it is very difficult to "Hard Land" these babies.

For the record, they are not as quiet as they are advertised. The AC vents are loud, and it takes some getting used to lol.

Awesome cross wind landing on that last one at Oskosh Marty....Amazing to see something so big coming in on that angle and bounce around. 

This being OSHKOSH, I feel sorry for the singles coming in with that crosswind.

Not the best place for new pilots to try and land lol.

Waleed N