Sign in to follow this  
Rob Haynes

How Do I Downgrade My AMD Driver Software?

download the AMD removal tool

+1

The only solution.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Really? that sucks...

On the half dozen or so ATI based FSX machines I work with, I only really ever use Catalyst Install Manager in Add Remove Programs and it does the job perfectly every time I go forwards or backwards in driver versions. Provided I do FULL removal of all AMD software option and reboot in between. :)

Charles.

It recommends under no circumstances you use it with windows 8 either. I have a tutorial on how to roll back an ATI driver in the forums. It's not the only way Dave, ATI have a section on their site about manually uninstalling.

It recommends under no circumstances you use it with windows 8 either. I have a tutorial on how to roll back an ATI driver in the forums. It's not the only way Dave, ATI have a section on their site about manually uninstalling.

Why not just the Catalyst Install Manager though? Why are people trying to scrape this stuff out when that already does it?

As an ATI beta tester back in the not to distant past, we all trusted it. No problems. Unless you are talking about corrupted installs or something but that is rare.

Charles.

I'm just going by the ATI website. They create the software so they're the best ones to listen too :)

Okay guys,

I wasn't addressing you, I was addressing the OP.  Lord.. 

The OP has a 5000 series card. GIven the specific problems he stated, the hardware he's using, and that he's running under Windows 7-64, it's the ONLY way he's going to EASILY resolve this. I certaining haven't spoken to the ATI engineers, but I believe it's why ATI created the remover.

Some people's kids...

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.