Sign in to follow this  
aspirem5400

Contact tips for the best freeware FSX aircraft developers?

Hello,

I would like to know if you know some really good FSX aircraft developers and give me some contact information (facebook, twitter, etc.).

I want to ask some of them, if the would consider making a Schempp Hirth Duo Discus glider or just the VC of it for FSX. I know Michal Puto (who made the amazing SZD Pirat) or David Rowberry, but I cant find any contact to them and I either dont know if Michal Puto is still making FSX aircraft. I also know that there is a Duo Discus out already for FSX, ( now, I am not necesarilly a high- end products fan) but it is from 2009 and the quality and functionality of the VC is rather low (with all my respect to the developer). Do you think I will find somebody, who would do it?

Any tips and opinions on such a request are appreciated.

Did you look at:

http://www.fsglider.de/p_sg3_e_mob.htm?

Looks good to me. Bob.

Yes, I know about that one, but as said before, the quality is not really good, the VC is very, very simple (basic interior of the fuselage and a flat 2d panel with a joystick in it). 

Anyway, thanks very much for your reply

By the way, does anybody know how to edit the textures for that duo discus (DDS DXT5)? When I try to scale them bigger and edit them to be more detailed (done via DXTbmp using Gimp 2.8 as editor and then of course converting them back to DDS DXT5 again) I just get a bunch of colors of every kind and an untransparent canopy from inside...

Maximilian Alba

"Scale bigger" can only be done by power of 2. If the original is 512x512, then you can double to 1024x1024 without too much difficulty.

VCockpit type bitmaps may be maximum size of 1024^2.

For FSX, exterior and interior bitmaps have a max size of 4096^2.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator