Sign in to follow this  
litosrevosto

cannot run fsx in dx9 mode

Hi all

sorry, english is not my language, i try to search something about my problem in my language but i didn't find it.

I have a new pc, win7 64 bit installed, and radeon 7750 installed. I have already fsx accelleration pack installed but it runs only with dx10 enabled. When i try to disable and run again FSX in dx9 mode i have a black screen or after 2 or 3 click of mouse FSX crashes to desktop.

Anyone knows how can i do?

Thanks

Yes. Copy your fsx.cfg and then paste it back in the same folder - it will be automatically renamed as "fsx - Copy.cfg".

Then - delete the original fsx.cfg, and restart the sim. You should have your DX9 sim back. If not - post back here again - ok!

By the way - "Welcome to the DX10 World!"

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

hi Paul

thanks for reply. I wanted to do a couple of flights before answer you. Deleting cfg file had no results, so i re-installed FSX ( i'm lucky because is a fresh installation without addons or aircrafts) and now seems to work correctly.

Don't know why but i will not touch anything.

Still remains another problem, when several clicks of mouse sometimes fsx crashes ( non ever, few times)

Hi all

sorry, english is not my language, i try to search something about my problem in my language but i didn't find it.

I have a new pc, win7 64 bit installed, and radeon 7750 installed. I have already fsx accelleration pack installed but it runs only with dx10 enabled. When i try to disable and run again FSX in dx9 mode i have a black screen or after 2 or 3 click of mouse FSX crashes to desktop.

Anyone knows how can i do?

Thanks

I have the same issue. Did what Paul suggested with no success. Still searching...

UPDATE: This issue caused by this damn ATI driver 13.9! :diablo:  This driver also messed up My Traffic X and VoxAtc! I uninstalled it and install the 13.4 version and everything OK!

WOW!   

"damn ATI driver 13.9! 

:diablo: 

You are SO funny!!

:LMAO:  :LMAO:  :LMAO:  :LMAO:   

I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...

Thanks for the update, Jewel. What a fix, eh?

We learn every day...

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

UPDATE: This issue caused by this damn ATI driver 13.9! :diablo:  This driver also messed up My Traffic X and VoxAtc! I uninstalled it and install the 13.4 version and everything OK!

Good to know, i have ATI as well, so now i know what to do in case 

WOW!   

:diablo: 

You are SO funny!!

I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...I love Nvidia...

Thanks for the update, Jewel. What a fix, eh?

We learn every day...

Yes Paul I'm a guy with humour and this makes me face more easily life diffilulties and ...FSX issues :smile:

I would love to have nvidia too but my system came stock with ati. Until this driver issue i never experienced other probs and i'm satisfied with its performance and image quality. And with DX10 i don't think i would change anything in my system for the next 2-3 years. Only if DX11.............

I cant even roll back my driver. Everytime I do so, it sticks to version 8.1 and when I try to update to 13 it tells me its installed but when I look at the version its the same 8.1. Help!

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "DX-10 Discussions, Hints and Help" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.