Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

PC Aviator - silence on overdue order

Agreed but no choice here, no download available for those.... As for the 10 days, Pilot's is small outfit that may explain, that or the conjunction of the Austrian and French postal bureaucraties.

Now expect an excruciating slow installation process when you get the DVD. Data DVDs belong to the Jurassic Park of the game industry :) ! Make you appreciate all nighter downloads.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I've received an email from PC Aviator. They apologised citing a busy period and the DVD didn't go out until 5th October due to Columbus Day holiday. I should have it by the middle of next week and if I don't they'll start chasing it up.

Dominique, I think these mesh products are the exception due to their size so I accept they can't be downloaded. After Europe / Africa I will probably opt for Nth America especially as it's heavily discounted.

French postal service bureaucracy? Surely not!. :wink: Which product did you buy?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes I know DVDs are a necessary evil for huge meshes. I bought the whole bundle, the entire planet B)  for 120 EUR plus postage !

I have installed Asia/Oceania so far and having just flown over Guadalcanal, from Honiara to charming Babanakira on the South coast, I can tell you...  its worth it !

Now Europe-Africa !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

LOL! They should ship these products with a complmentary SSD! :biggrin:

Sounds like you're going to have a great time. Just to show loyalty to PC Aviator I bought Corfu X this afternoon. I would have bought Balearic Islands but it wasn't available for download, only shipping. :huh:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

Thank you. Please keep me updated and let me know when your order arrives safely (or otherwise!)

Dean

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Hi Dean,

The software arrived today. :smile:  Unfortunately I won't be able to install it for a few days as my new PC has to go back due to a few hardware problems.

Thanks for taking the time to look after PC Aviator customers. :Applause:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Dean,

The software arrived today. :smile:  Unfortunately I won't be able to install it for a few days as my new PC has to go back due to a few hardware problems.

Thanks for taking the time to look after PC Aviator customers. :Applause:

Good news! Just happy it didn't go missing in the mail system. B)

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories