Sign in to follow this  
Brazen

Saving State as default?

I'm not really grasping what the manual says about this. Also, I'm new to FSX, so that doesn't help either ...

Is it or is it not possible to always load an aircraft with a specific livery (or can it even be tailnumber?) in a state of your choice? For instance, whenever I load a 777 I always want it to load in the, say, cold and dark state.

Yes - the "Startup State" field in the FMC options will do this.

You can't set the 777 itself as the default flight/aircraft in FSX though due to bugs in the sim that'll cause it to load wrongly. You'll still have to select the livery you want etc but it will always load cold & dark (or whatever you want) once it loads into the sim.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Another thing to keep in mind is that you can modify the "default" load states to fit your preferences. For example, you can have a Cold and Dark scenario, but with the GPU connected. After starting with the default C&D, go to the menu settings (ground cnxs) and connect the GPU (and AC, if you want). You can then "save" this scenario. I would strongly suggest using a new file name (perhaps "CD GPU, or whatever you choose). This way, you keep the original PMDG load state, while also creating your own. And of course, you can make that newly created scenario your startup state.

Ah..cool. I have been wanting to start with 3/4 fuel load....as the default.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter