Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Markitoes

Initializing Systems- Not present

Gents,

I had uninstall and reinstall my FSX, and along I re-installed MD-11- among others/. However, the MD-11 is the only one which will not show or do the "Systems Initializing" step. The aircraft load with one engine running, but with no display on the PFD or any display- They are all blank. Does anyone  how is this resolved. I want to enjoy this a/c again.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Check your start-up situation, and ensure you are not inadvertently loading the aircraft twice.

Best regards,

Robin.

Check your start-up situation, and ensure you are not inadvertently loading the aircraft twice.

Best regards,

Robin.

I don't think  the aircraft would load twice. I just chose the aircraft I would like to fly and load it; but again all panels are completely dark.

If you save a situation and make it the default and it is the MD-11, then you start FSX and select another MD-11, that results in loading it twice, and FSX bugs.

Try this: load the Cessna, and get into the cockpit, then select the MD-11. Does it fail to init?

Best regards,

Robin.

Yes it fails. I tried something else. I deleted all within my FSX CFG, let FSX rebuild it and now I can see the panels just fine. But now I have another problem, several parts of all my aircraft (anyone I load)  look all scattered, and a skeleton effect. I am starting to think this has to do with maybe display or graphics settings. I think I will need to contact PMDG and ask for help.

And, to make it worst. I lost my download email confirmation with my order and serial number. Arrr. I have a feeling I will need to re-purchase my MD-11. But at near $70.00 ? Och, tough decision to make. But I really love this airplane.

You should be able to get those from your account or PMDG - just be sure you still have the installers!

Best regards,

Robin.

And, to make it worst. I lost my download email confirmation with my order and serial number. Arrr. I have a feeling I will need to re-purchase my MD-11. But at near $70.00 ? Och, tough decision to make. But I really love this airplane.

If you can't find your backup, you can purchase an extended download from PMDG for under $5. You don't have to buy the product again.