Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fakeflyer737

ORBX Region Lights

Hi,
  Is there any way I can get the lights to work in Dx10 (w/Fixer) for the ORBX Regions? The lights seem to work with Global but there is a lot of flickering with the Regions

Cheers

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

Is there any way I can get the lights to work in Dx10 (w/Fixer) for the ORBX Regions? The lights seem to work with Global but there is a lot of flickering with the Regions

Cheers

Orbx  have not patched the lights yet for the regions, only Global. The road map is..AUS/NZ Dec 2013, and I think Eng and NA, Alaska early next year. Dates I have given you are quite rough, but check the Orbx forum for further details.

The original PNW lights work properly, and I haven't seen that same on-off-on-off problem in the EU-Eng package, but those are the only areas I have.

PJ, sorry my info to Ron was incorrect, I think I must have read it wrong on the Orbx forum. Another one of my senior moments <sigh>

Think I mixed it up with the 3D lights implementation.

No - we're both correct, Julian! Orbx hasn't patched their regional lights - in my case the PNW lights.

Without the DX10SF those lights still blink on and off in straight DX10, and go dim-bright-dim in DX9: also there's still the pain of the Day/Night patch.  

The Global lights are 'corrected' with an Orbx patch, which Steve assisted on, (v1.1?) - but they still require the use of the DX10SF to actually see them working in DX10 - and they do work!

All the Best!

peej

Ok, thanks for clearing that one up Paul. I have not done a night flight in PNW for months.