Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

voodoo101

Preflight Checklist

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I have been using button version fro a long time now but I was getting a but fed up of my FS2Crew voice and my ATC voice being different. No matter how much I tried I could not find a voice to match, so I thought now is the time to go vocal. Bought myself a shiny new headset with microphone, built up the courage and set to training my computer. I then went an got VoxATC as I thought that would have a higher learning curve then FS2Crew as I am already familiar with that. A few flights in and my ATC understands me no problem and all go well. It was then when I changed over to the voice version of the NGX. A few changes in the panel.cfg to get both working together (deleting the video marsheller panel as I never use it) and fired up my NGX. I started the preflight, when the flight attendant asked to start boarding I said "yes" and of she went. My first officer did his stuff and then said he was ready for the preflight checklist. I called "Preflight checklist" and waited but no questions. I called again, checked the green bar which read "Preflight checklist" but no luck. My load sheet arrived so I said "thank" and the engineer wished me a safe flight, however I could not leave without doing my checklist but my trusty first officer refused to answer me.

I have checked and rechecked the manual to make sure I am saying the correct command but still no joy. Am I missing something here?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Craig,

What "mode" where you in as displayed on the FS2Crew Main Panel?

Also, you could have an audio config program.

Make sure your speakers are set to "Stereo" via the Windows Control Panel.

Best,

Hi Bryan,

The mode was preflight mode, with a little star by. I don't have any audio config programs running as these have been deleted from autostarting. The speakers are set to stereo.

This is how it runs;

Set up with config (exactly as I have done with the button version)

The FO starts setting up the aircraft. He then goes and does his walk around. Few minutes later he comes back. Then the FA asks if she can start boarding and I say yes (shown on the green bar). The FO carries on with his electrical setup and I wait, then he says "I'm ready for the checklist", the display says preflight and has a little star. I then say "Preflight checklist" which then reads in the greenbar as "Preflight checklist" and I wait, and wait, and wait. A bit later the ground crew comes in and gives me the load sheet and I say "thank you" which again comes up it the green bar correctly. The says thanks you, wishes me a pleasant flight and then leaves.

I can hear the FO, FA and the ground crew and had no problems on the button version. The microphone is working correctly, FS2Crew is picking up my voice and is hearing the correct things.

I am going to try and reinstall the program and see if that helps.

Regards

Craig

OK Bryan, after a full reinstall of FS2Crew everything seems to be OK. Don't know if it is some sort of conflict with VoxATC, a problem when I went from button to voice version or just an install error which I have not seen because I used the button version, but thanks as always for such a great program.

One option that would be nice, I know that it will probably not be quite as good, is the option to use TTS voices. I know this sounds a strange option it is just that I would like the FO to have the same voice as he does when he takes over the comms.

Thanks anyway