Sign in to follow this  
devgrp

Engine shuts down when I change fuel range to short

I need some help because this is really frustrating. Everytime, I try to do a flight and I go to the fuel page and change the range to short, the engine shuts down completely. 

Can someone help me because I'm about to pull my hair out lol

Pierre Walker

Maybe there is a quick cut in fuel, can't you just start them again, it's super easy in the 777.

I did  but then when I give it some throttle the plane doesnt move. You can see the throttle gauge move but the egt gauge doesnt. The plane will only fly with a full tank of fuel. If I change it to anything else, it just shuts down

Check the fuel switches on the overhead panel. Maybe they're not changing position with the change in fuel levels.

I see you are changing fuel quantities at the incorrect time. Your engines are running and are relying on fuel from the center tank. If you select, short range, the center tank all of a sudden becomes empty, starving the engines of fuel. That is why they flame out. After a short period they catch the main tank fuel and relight.

You should just select what fuel you want prior to starting the engines,

That's all,

Cheers !

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

I see you are changing fuel quantities at the incorrect time. Your engines are running and are relying on fuel from the center tank. If you select, short range, the center tank all of a sudden becomes empty, starving the engines of fuel. That is why they flame out. After a short period they catch the main tank fuel and relight.

You should just select what fuel you want prior to starting the engines,

That's all,

Cheers !

I have always done it like that. The only time I do a cold and dark startup is when I'm flying for my VA. all other times the plane starts up running. After the count down, I usually set the fuel and it has never done this until today

I got it fixed. Turns out Fspassengers was  causing the problem. After I removed the dll line from my fsx.cfg file, I no longer have the problem