Sign in to follow this  
pilotstu

737 home cockpit with LINDA?

Hello,

I am building a 737NG home cockpit, very slowly and cheaply, and have almost finished the overhead. I selected Arduino MEGA interface cards to assign switches and knobs. works very well. Done using the FSIUPC mouse macro technique, then in the arduino, I give this switch a keyboard command so when I flick the switch, FSX thinks I hit the key assigned in FSUIPC and hey Presto... the switch moves in FSX. 

I hope that all makes sense??

The problem I think I may come across when I add the MIP and centre console, is I will most likely run out of keyboard strokes to cover all the switches etc...

The question is simple.... Is it possible to fool LINDA into thinking one or two of the Arduino MEGA cards are joystick buttons or something of the likes? LINDA is so much quicker and easier to use.

Or could anyone recommend an interface card that IS compatible with LINDA?

I already have two Saitek throttles, Saitek Yoke, Saitek rudder peddles and VRinsight MCP combo 2 assigned. 

The aircraft I am going to use is the PMDG 737-800NGX.

Hope this enough info.

Cheers

The question is simple.... Is it possible to fool LINDA into thinking one or two of the Arduino MEGA cards are joystick buttons or something of the likes?

Can't say as I do not know anything about that cards... if FSUIPC is recognizing the card, LINDA will do also...

And I think, two will then work also...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't say as I do not know anything about that cards... if FSUIPC is recognizing the card, LINDA will do also...

And I think, two will then work also...

FSUIPC does not speak to the card. Another program converts the physical switch action to a digital ON/OFF then tells the PC that a keyboard key has been pressed. That key has been assigned to FSUIPC using mouse macros.

Example: FUEL PUMP switch on the panel is wired to PIN 1 on the Arduino board. PIN 1 has been given a keyboard command of say the letter P. The letter P is then set up in FSUIPC as the command for the FUEL PUMP switch. So... every time the letter P is pushed, the FUEL PUMP will toggle. Because on PIN 1 on the Arduino board is assigned to P, when the switch is toggled, the FSUIPC thinks the letter P is being pushed but it is actually the physical switch.

I think that sounds complicated.

you could use leo bodnar cards maybe ? http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=205

it emulate a 32 buttons joystick.

I did see that board but not sure if LINDA sees it as programmable  buttons.

If it does, then that might be the way to go.

My experience with Linda is very new but very good. It makes things very easy. I can assign all switches and rotaries with linda, but no push buttons. I assign the push buttons via a LUA Script with FSUIPC. Dont know if this is the only and correct way, as said I am new to this, but it works.

Best regards/schöne Grüße

Werner

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Best regards / Schöne Grüße
Werner

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus4.png

FSUIPC does not speak to the card.

Then LINDA will do neither!

But the Bodnar BU...X card works!

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Hi:

I just start thinking on building a home 737 overhead, also. Actually I just arrived home with a bag of switches, wires, etc, and started looking for a way to do that.

I have a limited previous experience with Arduino, LINDA and SPAD.

I believe this topic will be very usefull for whom is thinking about similar projects.

As my first contribution, I've found this:

http://hunt.net.nz/users/darran/weblog/15f92/Arduino_UNO_Big_Joystick_HID_firmware.html

I did not tried anything yet but it seemed very interesting.

Please keep me noted about any advances you get.

Thanks!