Sign in to follow this  
Rayan giggs

PMDG737 OH PANEL WITH TOUCH SCREEN !

Hi guys

I need to buy a touch screen to use it with the PMDG 737 NGX OH panel. ( to do the all OH operations by my fingers ).

What's the cheapest touch screen in size of 32 inch. Also in size of 41 to 43 inches.

(i do some research and most of them are from 2000$ and above).

So i hop to found any help here.

Thx.

While I'm not a PMDG flyer, I use a 23" touchscreen extensively inside FSX.  Just a word of caution - complex toggle switches or dials often do not work well with touchscreens.  If you have to hold and drag a rotary switch, use the mouse wheel on a rotary switch, or even if you have to use the right mouse button, you may run into issues that, at the worst, are a showstopper, and at the best, are a pain in the butt to use.

The only thing I use my touchscreen for are buttons and simple toggle switches (left click on / left click off).

Sorry not to actually answer your question, but given the likely cost of large touchscreens, it may be something you'll want to research further before going ahead.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Dell have a27 inch one for 759.00 AUD FYI.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

I'm pretty sure it's not designed for touchscreens in mind, so it might be fairly disappointing.

Hey friends, i know the touchscreen not the best choice for the complex toggle switches & rotary switches.

Its more easily and chipeast to my using the mouse rather than the touchscreens which will cost more&more and not do the job well, But also its not easy to playing with a six screens between overhead, pedestal, PFD ,ND ,EICAS's & FMC's with a one mouse.

Any idea friends to try

Come on !!!!!

rayan

using a logitech (g13) keyboard programmed thru fsuipc / lua script works for me .... on the overhead parked on a 2nd monitor !

for now, cheers

john martin

rayan

using a logitech (g13) keyboard programmed thru fsuipc / lua script works for me .... on the overhead parked on a 2nd monitor !

Vadriver, i thing it will loose thecsense to me....

Maybe it good for you, but me not.

If i can use more than one mouse, then this will be a very good idea to me

!!!!!!!!

Also if i can make the mouse specific for some screen rather than all of them.

I mean the mouse will be available on OH panel SCREEN, pedestal SCREEN, fmc's SCREEN & not available in the rest (PFD, ND EICAS's & view screens).

!!!!!!!!