Sign in to follow this  
cvearl

AMD aware of the 13.9 and up driver issue and working on it...

I recently tried the 13.11 Beta 8 driver. While it ROCKS allot of other titles, it causes an issue with FSX in DX9 mode. Basically in DX9 mode, FSX will CTD (Crash to Desktop) as you use the menus. Current best driver for FSX DX9 mode is 13.4.

Good news is that they know and it has been passed on to the driver team. Below is a response to one of my posts on their driver forum from one of the moderators.

Marc@AMD has posted a message entitled Catalyst 13.11 Beta 8 still crashing in FSX. Fatal Error..

The following message was posted on: Friday November 01, 2013 09:27:35 AM

One of my colleagues manages the Issue Reporting Forms.  He was able to reproduce the issue, and get the issue off to the driver team.  He commented on it being the #1 issue by volume from the reports.

A fix is being worked on by the driver team.  They never provide an ETA on fixes, unfortunately.

;Marc

Least it seems that they have an interest in trying to fix it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

ATI driver team have officially said they will no longer support FSX and that was a few years ago, I hope for the sake of some of you ATI users that changes.

Best of luck.

ATI driver team have officially said they will no longer support FSX and that was a few years ago, I hope for the sake of some of you ATI users that changes.

Best of luck.

And apparently you missed...

Marc@AMD (Customer Service) has posted ---> On the AMD Driver Support Forum....

The following message was posted on: Friday November 01, 2013 09:27:35 AM

One of my colleagues manages the Issue Reporting Forms. He was able to reproduce the issue, and get the issue off to the driver team. He commented on it being the #1 issue by volume from the reports.

A fix is being worked on by the driver team. They never provide an ETA on fixes, unfortunately.

Marc

But to be honest... FSX is not high on the Radar for either company and the fact that it works at all is a fluke. Neither team is spending alot of time Optimizing for all the FSX benchmarks the review sites keep using. LOL

It's a simple DX9 game. We all cross our fingers that some important BF4 driver does not come out at the expense of creating issues in FSX. ;) Then the people that do more than just FSX on thier computers will have themselves a real issue.

I think I would build a Sim BOX and stick with the last best driver and have another computer for my other entertainment needs I guess regardless of which brand card I was partial to.

Charles.

Charles, the 13.9 driver was designed to support BF4 from the public beta, which runs under Directx11. In other words you can't play BF4 with a 13.5 for example.

So for now it's either BF4 or FSX.

One last piece of information, DICE (BF4 studio) just announced they will release an API for "low-end GPUs like HD Radeon 7*", developed by both DICE and AMD".

That sounds like good news for those gaming and simming.

Like me :P

Beta version 13.11 BETA v9.2 is released and is working in FSX DX9 without CTD.

Also not sure but colors are richer? Or I should not drink beer when I sim.

Charles.