Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Paro Airport, VQPR.. Runways in use

Are (real-world) aircraft able to land (or take off) on Rwy15 as well as 33? A comment I heard from a pilot during a landing at Paro (video downloaded from YouTube - highly recommended) seemed to suggest not. In addition, the only chart I can find (Jeppesen) only shows approaches at 328degs to Rwy33, so I am guessing landing real a/c on Rwy15 is not possible?

Everything I have found re. rwy15 by Googling relates to FS9 or FSX!

Martin

Thanks very much! I did actually find this report yesterday during my various searches (but not as a pdf file) and made a desktop shortcut to the page: hadn't got round to reading it yet though.. Not sure if Rwy15 is used by Druk Air though?

Martin

The procedure is only for rwy 33.

If you watch this video carefully you'll see why. The a/c makes a left turn and literally drops out of the sky to about 4,000ft above the airfield before flying up the valley and turning. There isn't enough terrain clearance for an approach to rwy15. It would seem though from your video that Drukair pilots don't stick rigidly to the exact procedural turns!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsZqN-uEgQU