Sign in to follow this  
minniyer

Texture Glitch FSX

Hello, i recently re-installed FSX (brand new copy of game aswell) and i get a texture glitch after about 20-30mins of playing,

these are the addons i run, and ran before the reinstall (it ran perfect when i had it before, and i had more addons before)

-REX overdrive

-Aerosoft dubai

-aerosoft amsterdam

-aerosoft munich

-Uk2000 Gatwick

-uk2000 heathrow

-uk2000 manchester

-uk2000 leeds

-qualitywings 757

-qualitywings 146/RJ

-AIrbus X Extended

here is what glitch looks like:

textureglitch_zps8136bdfb.jpg

any help would be great:)

Are you running HIGHMEMFIX=1 in your fsx.CFG?

Are you running out of available virtual address space? I would try reducing your LOD_RADIUS if you have set it any higher than 4.5.

I must say, I've had very few problems with my FSX Gold/ Acceleration edition, tho I don't have any of those supposed "other" flight sim enhancements installed in my FSX Gold edition.

Tho I've got installed few Payware sceneries and Quality Freeware scenery.

and as last checked right about 5,000 Aircraft in my Simulator, 95% of them Manually I put in myself, cause I rarely will trust any Auto Installer, and I want to see whats going to be Injected into my sim, before it just goes in there, and I've managed to Catch some mistakes and a bunch of needless other type files that didn't need to be in the scenery or aircraft as well.

An Artist, once told me, LESS is more ~ !!!

sometimes you can Gawd up a painting or mural by adding too much !

Jet.

16_zpsd9432775.jpg

i turned down LOD but it hasnt worked

What did you turn it down to?

and as last checked right about 5,000 Aircraft in my Simulator,

Your kidding, right ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Did you add highmemfix=1 to your fsx.cfg? Can you paste your fsx.cf? It could be a broken graphics card as well

vatsim s3

1133704.png

It is very difficult for me to see the issue but it appears you have scenery anomalies like spikes shooting up into the dark night sky.  Does this happen at night and only at this airport?  What airport?  What aircraft?  Do you see this problem during the day?  Does this happen when SquawkBox is turned off?  You really do not provide sufficient information for anyone to make an intelligent assessment/recommendation.  Only  "reinstalled fsx" "texture glitch" "about 20-30mins of playing".  No system specs.  No OS.  Nothing about what was loaded (but you did tell us what you have installed as addons).  I'm not even going to guess what your problem might be but I do suggest you provide a lot more details if you want assistance from the membership.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10