Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

-> iFDG A320: hard to slow down / Simple panel? <-

Guest ThrottleUp

Avsim friends - could you help me out please? :)Two issues regarding the excellent iFDG A320:____________________________________________________________________________Im having two problems slowing down & making a good descent.(a) On arrival at the top-of-descent (TOD) I find that I have to descend at 3500-4000FPM to arrive at the approach point at the correct altitude. I *know* this is excessive, but if I use a normal descent rate of 1500-2000FPM it takes a looooong time to get down and I will overshoot the airport. (:( The speed does not bleed off on this plane - I am at 300kts at 7000ft (level flight, idle thrust). The speed will remain at between 290-300kts *unless* I deploy spoliers. This happens even after I've made a descent at 1500FPM. Speed builds rapidly - but refuses to bleed away easily.For the above two situations my fuel load is about 20% and I am at idle thrust. I calculate TOD using the "first 2 digits of altitude X 3" rule. What am I doing wrong. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pcrying.gif____________________________________________________________________________2.Could someone please point me to a simple A320 panel? The one that is recommended (Eric Marciano) is very good & looks great, however for a casual flier like me its a bit complex for my liking. Id like a panel that lets me track the FS9 GPS course and has an ILS display. I say the latter because I *did* find an excellent alternative A320 panel by Ken Mitchell but no ILS display shows on its PFD ( ab320kmp.zip on the flightsim.com website). If somone on here has this panel & they *do* have a working ILS indication on the PFD - then maybe Ive messed up the installation & you could advice me on a fix? ____________________________________________________________________________Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!! :)

Try my A320 panel for FS 2004. Simple and intuitive to use. It isn't the most realistic, but after over 14,000 downloads, it seems to be going over rather well. Make sure to download the fix file as well.http://www.2decker.com/media/solent1-2.JPAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MDhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/100009.jpg

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest pwal

hi,i fly the same a320. one of the potential reasons you cant slow down is that the panel communicates throught fsuipc with fs. make sure when your throttle is set to idle that the engines actually return to idle thrust, i found i had to adjust the joystick calibration for this plane. also make sure you register the a320.gau file in fsuipc, this may solve the problem. there is a key on emarcianos website.as for the complexity of the panel, i sometimes copy and paste the 737 minipanel into the panel.cfg file of a more complex plane, which gives the option to use either simple or complex by toggling with the "w" key.

Guest ThrottleUp

Thanks N562Z & pwal :)<< also make sure you register the a320.gau file in fsuipc, this may solve the problem. >>Do you have to do that *only* if you are using the Maricano panel? This is the panel I use now, as I said its very good but no ILS indications (those purple diamond-shaped localizer & glideslope thingies) appear on the PFD:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/100053.jpg

Guest pwal

i'm not sure, but i doubt if the fsuipc thing is the problem- this is because i can see that you can tune vor. I'd try either finding a new panel file, or you could potentially swap the gauge shown with a gauge that shows ils that you're comfortable with - by editing the panel.cfg file. the screenshot of your panel makes it seem not much less complex than the marciano panel

Guest ThrottleUp

>> the screenshot of your panel makes it seem not much less complex than the marciano panel :)By "simple" I meant a panel that allows you to use the default FS9 GPS flightplan - and that means the panel has to have that GPS button. Marcianos panel is great if you want realism but for a casual simmer like me whose not into FMCs and such...it was a bit over my head! I just want the plane to follow the pretty green GPS course line :)

Guest pwal

it looks like it should let you, the hdg/nav toggle is the little circle above the ap1, ap2 buttons.

Guest pwal

it can,although the autopilot is a bit weird about it. i dont quite get how to get the autopilot to track it. maybe someone else reading this might know? i usually just fly the route by slightly adjusting course as i go, at 16x, but i'm sure the ap can track it i just dont know how.

Guest ThrottleUp

<< it can, although the autopilot is a bit weird about it >>Thats interesting! Yea you are right because on the Marciano website he does say something about how unrealistic it is to have FS9 GPS on the panel etc etc. (If I remember right!)Thanx for trying to help pwal :)

Actually that circle button will switch the HDG to CRS and vice versa. To track the GPS flight plan, right click the HDG Knob (the equivelant of pulling it out, as opposed to pushing it). The HDG display will change to dashes and the aircraft will track the flight plan.As for the descent speed issue, at light weights these suckers will accelerate on descent. Leave the VS at somewhere around -2000 to -2500 fpm. You'll have to deploy the spoilers to some extent during the descent. I was on a BA A319 heading in to ZRH last summer and we had the spoilers deployed until we were on final for runway 14. In fact they kept the spoilers open until the flaps were set to the second notch. It was a fun ride :).EDIT: Oh, and if you can't display the ILS on the HSI, look for the two knobs above the HSI. Switch the Left hand knob to "LS" (Landing System).Joe Wagner

Besides the panel issues, the Airbus 320 is know for a very good glide ability, so add some decelleration due speedbrakes, and decend earlier... the airbus wings are VERY efficient.Johan[A HREF=http://jdserver.no-ip.com]Personal Server[/A]or..http://62.238.33.10

Guest pwal

thanks,i right click all day at work and somehow didn't think of it - extremely helpful. hope throttleup sees that

Hi,Never forget the plane specifiactions, not all behave as you would think.As a former PSS employee I was involved in the A320, and had in those days daily contact with a real airbus 320 pilot, mr Peter Palm, who actually before the release died in an glider accident.He constantly emphasized on the extremely good gliding capabilities of the 320.Its a plane with a need for looking forward, or use of speedbrakes and all kind of measures to slow it down.For example, if you are almost ready for descent, slow down the plane before the decent, it saves you miles later on.Plan a early descent always, and if ATC let you go down to late you are in trouble.It seems that the makers of your A320 have done their job right!Johan[A HREF=http://jdserver.no-ip.com]Personal Server[/A]or..http://62.238.33.10

I find some of the best panels are by Ken Mitchell and I use his A3xx panel for the IFDG A320 series. His B73NG panel is also excellent.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"