Sign in to follow this  
alsummers

Captainsim forum

Guest jeffg

Just so you know I just checked the web site and they have redone the site and there is no way to access the forum and it seems they don't have one any more.There is no mention of any problems with it either. JeffG

>Hello to all.>Two days ago i have bought the B707 from Captainsim site but>noticed that the forum is out.The support?:-( >I've search a possible e-mail for contact support but find>nothing.>Can you help me,please?>Thanks and sorry for my bad english;-) >>>CristianoI think the forums are permanently down; translation: Captain Sim wasn't happy with the fact that people were asking for better support for their product. Captain Sim almost never participated in any of the support discussions. And users picked up the slack, in essence working for free. It's a shame that some internet merchants take the easy way out. Let's hope the forums come back. ricardo

Guest Jetfan

I have the Legendary 727's from Captainsim and they are great looking aircraft. A little after I installed them, I upgraded to a new computer. Then I found I needed a new registration key. I needed my old registration number and (receipt number??) to get another key. I finally gave up trying to get help from Captainsim and started using the planes with my own panels and views. After I was done, I found that was all I really wanted anyway.. good looking planes that fly well.I will not 'bother' them again, with a question or a purchase.Cheers,Bob

Guest allcott

As I recall, their attitude over the delayed release of the C130 wasn't exactly helpful either. For whatever reason they don't seem to see the need to `service` the customer, so I no longer see any need to service them with my credit card. Shame, as that Herc was looking promising, but if there's no way to get tech support (and history tells us ALL the Capt Sim products need tech support) then it's completely pointless to contemplate a purchase of another bug-ridden product.Allcott

My experience is different. I never had a problem with 727, 707 or F-104 software. When I had a question about operation, I always got a reply. The forums were helpful, too. It's too bad about the other's poor experience, I feel badly for them and validate their sense of frustration.

Guest prichards

Ive never had any real problems and they always respond to my emails within 48hrs. support@captainsim.com

Guest A321

So what about all the free Liverys for their aircratf? the list was on their forum. I hope this comes back, as this was one the reasons for buying their products for me.If they wish not to take part in their forums then fine, but they should still have one for us customers. The only other company that have such an attitude is Ariane.Well untill I see a forum or at least the full listing of free aircratf liverys theres a nice X against them for me. Ive bought all their planes and been throughly satisfied with their support but if they are taking this avenue of thought then they will not see another purchase from me, not that it matters, but still, I think its a shame.Jason

Guest prichards

I am sure you can find them all on avsim! I am sure there forum posted the download links on avsim anyway!

Guest A321

>I am sure you can find them all on avsim! I am sure there>forum posted the download links on avsim anyway!Thanks Pete, I guess I did not see it that way, but the way it was layed out on their site made it nice and easy.Jason

Guest jaapverduijn

Last year or so, there was the issue with an add-on that many paid for in advance, but which wasn't delivered on time. Not an enormous issue by itself, but... when customers began quite rightfully claiming their money back on account of the product not having been delivered, the Good Captain showed some frightfully bad manners by calling those customers "traitors" or "betrayers" and such. To which was added the fine but vaguely threatening hint that they (CS) were "ex-Soviet military" who knew what to do or such.Well now, we've got quite a lot of those guys in my part of Europe, and when a bloke identifying himself as "ex-Soviet military" walks up to me and calls me a "betrayer", I either run like hell or go look for the nearest Uzi - probably both. Bloody Iron Curtain should have stayed up. Oh, well, at least Canada deports one, every now and then.Jaap Verduijn.

Guest B52Drivr

Hello all,On the CS issue with not getting a new key or so, if memory serves me correctly, (I could be wrong as I haven't had to do this in awhile as I no logner fly their 727), I got tired of the key crap myself and changed the panel to RP's 727 panel and used the CS aircraft with the RP panel and then modified the CS config to fly correctly. Lots more enjoyable in the long run.They are capable of making such nice stuff, I can't understand why they won't do the support properly . . .but who knows, every business goes through tough times, perhaps this is one for them.BestClay

For everyone's information, up until a few days ago, there was a message in bold red letters at the top of the Captain Sim homepage stating that the Captainsim.info server, on which the support forums are located, had been having serious problems, hence why they were not accessable. The online store was also located on this server and was not working. I presume that as people must still be buying the products, that Captain Sim prioritised the online shop, and moved that to a new server, but have yet to bring the forums back online.I myself have always enjoyed Captain Sim products, and have NEVER experienced the problems that a lot of people talk about. Captain Sim are fortunate to benefit from very resourceful and knowledgable customers, many of whom frequent their support forums, and offer product support that matches anything that the Captain Sim guys themself could offer. Granted, customers are unable to answer Captain Sim emails etc! But basically I think that Captain Sim takes on too much. They have around 10 projects in full swing. I am sorry if others have had a bad time with Captain Sim...a shame as I believe their products to be outstanding.A word of advice regards the upcoming C-130...I would be EXREMELY suprised if it has any bugs, as it is not simply a Captain Sim product. It is being released in cooperation with Just Flight Ltd, and for this reason a buggy product is a no-no. I for one will be first in line with my credit card when it finally hits the flight sim skies.Regards,Al.

>A word of advice regards the upcoming C-130...I would be>EXREMELY suprised if it has any bugs, as it is not simply a>Captain Sim product. It is being released in cooperation with>Just Flight Ltd, and for this reason a buggy product is a>no-no.>>Regards,>>Al.And? ROFL!

Guest SaVas

Is there a particular reason you are bumping a thread almost a year old?

>Is there a particular reason you are bumping a thread almost>a year old?Yes.