Sign in to follow this  
arizona84

The MOST weird issue I NEVER met in the World on default FA18

I spent a couple of hours learning default FA-18 by following the PDF manual,

but cannot complete a ILS approach. Finally I found out the problem:

(Dont know how to upload the images.)

e.g:

1. press ILS button, dial 1-1-0-3-0, enter.(TACAN coded '39'). No showing ils signal.

2. switch to C172, on NAV1 it was 110.29, weird aha? Correct it to 110.30.

3. Return back into FA18 cockpit, ILS signal showed correctly.(TACAN coded '40').

Tried different runways in various airport, still the same problem.

I googled very hard but no same issue.

Anyone could have a workround or just enlighten me?

I spent a couple of hours learning default FA-18 by following the PDF manual,

but cannot complete a ILS approach. Finally I found out the problem:

(Dont know how to upload the images.)

e.g:

1. press ILS button, dial 1-1-0-3-0, enter.(TACAN coded '39'). No showing ils signal.

2. switch to C172, on NAV1 it was 110.29, weird aha? Correct it to 110.30.

3. Return back into FA18 cockpit, ILS signal showed correctly.(TACAN coded '40').

Tried different runways in various airport, still the same problem.

I googled very hard but no same issue.

Anyone could have a workround or just enlighten me?

Most likely a bug.  FS Dreamteam developed the VC and gauges for the upgraded version of the FA18 in Acceleration.  You might check the forum there as they have an unofficial forum for the FA 18 and you might find an answer to your question there. 

If you want to upload an image here, you just need to select the "More Reply Options" at the bottom right of your new post.  Then look down to the bottom left and select "Choose Files".  Please make sure your images are kept within the Image Policy rules (1600W and 400KB max width). 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

In all my years of flying FSX I had no idea there was a forum over at FS Dreamteam for this.  Thanks for the heads up guys.

And better yet I have all their Hawaiian sceneries and didn't realize that their have been updates until I spent a moment browsing their website again.  Gees.  Not sure what the updates are about but I'm off to d/l and catchup on my reading over there.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3