Sign in to follow this  
mkstl

A clumsy fix for the freaking Master Caution Light when using C&D

As I'm sure many of you people using the C&D panel state probably realized, when you get a warning for any little thing, and end up tripping the Master Caution Light... it ends up sticking.

Now, for most people, they can just ignore it. However, if you're like me and like to fly long-haul trans-oceanic flights... it sort of breaks the immersion. :(

That being said, here is a really clumsy fix, 100% unapproved and may possibly break something method to clear this out.... although I'm absolutely positive PMDG will release a fix for this "soon" /jks. Awesome product guys.

Edit: Step 0: Get your plane into a stable state, preferably at cruise altitude and without drama before attempting, Finish this as fast as possible also.

1. While in-flight, create a new panel save. Title it whatever you want. 
2. Alt-Shift out to the desktop and navigate to PMDG\PMDG 777X\PanelState
3. Find the file titled <NAME OF YOUR NEW SAVE STATE>.sav
4. Open this up in either notepad or (highly recommended) notepad++
5. Ctrl+F and search for " TotalMasterCaution " this will be set to -1 (Ahhhh, classic), change this value to 0.
6. You may want to Ctrl-F around using the search term "MasterCaution" and see if there's anything else to clear out (AT YOUR OWN RISK!)

7. Save, go back into FSX and reload your panel. 

Would it not be easier to not use cold n dark.

I allways use "long/short turn around" panel state and never had the problem.

Rob Robson

Would you still get the problem if you created your own "cold and dark" panel instead of using pmdg's?

Would you still get the problem if you created your own "cold and dark" panel instead of using pmdg's?

Good idea, and easy to try.

Rob Robson

I created a custom Cold and Dark panel state since I didn't like some of the defaults anyway. I have yet to run into any of those reported oddities due to a certain panel state.

Custom C&D is highly recommended.

Dave P. Woycek

I created a custom Cold and Dark panel state since I didn't like some of the defaults anyway. I have yet to run into any of those reported oddities due to a certain panel state.

Custom C&D is highly recommended.

makes perfect sence.

Rob Robson